Friday, August 17, 2018

Sharp Objects

It was weird how Amy Adams wasn't nominated for an Oscar for Arrival, right? No? Didn't some bullshit win Best Actress that year? Like, Emma Stone or sum such garbage? Or maybe Brie Larson? That's fine but lowkey not really Jacob Tremblay was the star of that film next case. Hollywood is straight dookie crumbs, but anyway here's this new show from Hollywood played by my fave Hollywood acting bae, and I'm excited! 

I don't want to do too much for Amy, because she is a famous white actress. She doesn't have 12 billion Oscars, but it's like, yeah, her and everyone else. Even Meryl only has a handful herself, so it's whatever. And at least Amy doesn't have the Isla Fisher career, you know? Remember when it was all like I can't tell them apart?!!? And now people only talk about Amy. Even if it is usually with pity because she doesn't have 64 bald gold guys like she deserves

When is her Janis movie coming, btw? I feel like I've heard her attached to various things that sounded promising that I never got?? Like some years back there was talk of her starring in a remake of The Orphanage. Um, where is it?? Because I need it. Does The Orphanage need to be remade? NO. Will it be good if it is? Definitely naught. But Amy, tho. Come on. But I'm sure the Janis movie would bring a guaranteed nod. Or be really awful and sent straight to Redbox?? Not even Redbox but sold to, like, Amazon, and you can watch it while you're stealing your 78th free trial of prime. Please. But I think her next big thing is The Woman in the Window?, which...god, I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as I think it will lol. I can't bare my bae having any black marks on her record (lmao are you forgetting Leap Year? They put all the blame on Matthew Goode and called it a fucking day lmaooooo). But maybe it'll go okay.

I think Sharp Objects is going well. Like, I love this show? I think? I get annoyed every day that HBO is unrolling new episodes once a week. Um, it's not 1958, give me all the episodes at once? The fuck. Can't stand waiting for new episodes every week anymore like it's 1886 lol like give me a break. Especially with a ~mystery~ show like this. Let me churn through all the goddamn episodes in one sitting, tf! 

Who killed those girls? Adora or her demon spawn (Amma, not Camille lol). Right? It's one of them. I can't tell if this is an intelligent show/property. You know how sometimes you watch something and you end up thinking it was smarter than it actually is just because it was made well? I can't tell if this show is that, or possibly honestly doing something maybe smart. I don't think I'll be able to tell til the end. I keep thinking...if these murders get solved in any sort of obvious or hackneyed way...I will decide not to feature them. I know this show is not really about the murders. Or not just about that. It's about all sorts of shits. For me, though, I'm focusing on...I guess, figuring out Camille, and her family by proxy. (Whilst ignoring what I can't tell is intentional? or tone deaf racial shit??) 

I think I will decide this show is dumb if...mmm.. Idk. They keep alluding to Camille being dangerous, but I'm like, it's obvi her mom who is the danger. Okay qqs:

-Camille's dad. Where is he? Killed? Dead??
-Did Adora off her favorite? Münchausen by proxy?

Okay so those are my two big qs right now. I mean, there's so much secret shit that I really could be asking questions all day. But I guess these two stick out in my mind the most.

There's literally nothing on Camille's dad. They don't show him in the flashbacks, so I assume he was really never around. Oh, yeah, and remember when Adora made that comment about Camille having her dad's color and temperament and Camille acts #shook like she's never heard this dude even mentioned before? I just auto-think because he isn't/was never around, it says something really terrible about Adora lol. Not even in a victim-blaming sort of way, like oh she linked up with a deadbeat she's an idiot. No. Something like, she literally might be a witch.

Remember when she straight-up told Camille she never loved her? #ActingBae's face, though!! Crazy. But do you think that's the truth? I mean, a big part of me is getting not capable of love at all teas. So even her focusing more ~positively~ on her two other daughters doesn't mean anything to me. But also, I can't tell if that cold, dead thing is for real, or just her chosen mask. Patricia Clarkson is killing this role because I'm like what is Adora serving me, which I think is the point of her character, and she's really giving me everything while, like, nothing? #ACTING. #takenotesheauxs

But anyway, did Adora kill her daughter or not??????? This is reminding me that she has trichotillomania, right? Which I believe is classified as self-harm. But Adora doesn't appear to go all out with it, regulating it to just her eyelashes. But it's interesting she self-harms and seems to have passed it down to Camille. It's like all this effort is made to show how different they are, but they might be very similar. And I'm just wondering...how much?

I'm not getting #dangerous from Camille. I think in the latest episode there was like a brief implication? she might've had something to do with the death of her rehab roommate. 

Which, btw!, uhhhhhhh?????? When did that even happen? I guess the...like a few months before the ~present~ events in the show are taking place? This show is trying to give you something with memory. It's like...trying to present it to us like how it is in real life. I think I read in a review of the show someone saying how...ah, how did they put it? Like, the past is not just happening in the past. It's in the present as well. Like everything that's happened, it's all happening. Even shit that hasn't even happened yet, that shit is happening too. Like, everything all gloms together: past experiences, what's happening now, what's coming, our...wishes for the future, for what could've happened, for what we want to be happening in the present moment, how we perceive things, how they *really* are, what we want juxtaposed with what the universe is actually providing, how there's no such thing as reality, and then maybe no such thing as the truth???

It started getting a little hotepish and third eye opening there lol. Also a lot of the things I was thinking about when I started realizing time was being played with and they were trying to show us, like, literally the insides of a human mind...my thoughts aren't fully formed. And they never will be. I have self-diagnosed ADD and haven't read a proper literary novel since like 5th grade. 

So anyway!!, did Adora kill her daughter, OR NOT???? Adora is always being like really dramatic and acting really put-out and in pain all the time. She was doing the most with her hand cut. And how she's always saying her girls (espech Camille) are doing things to make her feel bad, etc. Isn't that very Münchausen-like behavior? That particular way of seeking/obtaining attention. If Adora was a Münchausen by proxist, that would make so much sense. She literally killed her favorite, the one she "loved"; the one she hates? she is still harming and getting that attention by having this "rebellious", broken daughter.  

Now okay what if that's the case with Adora. How does that explain the two dead girls? Can that need for attention as a ~mother figure~ extend beyond your own children? 

Honestly. I think it's Amma. But that's probably way too obvious. Though I'm not sure this story is about giving you that killer killer, you know? I think its more about showing people's psyches and like the true human condition, and probably specifically the true woman condition. Showing all the sharp edges (ha?) women can and are truly out here rocking. 

But I don't really know what this show is about. What's up with the cop, though? It's like he knows the real tea. Rq, and this is me being ratchet, but is he Camille's dad? No lol, I think Adora would have so much hate for that dude, but remember when she lowkey highkey ominously threatened to fire him? Lol, idk, that's just me being my typ ratchet acne self, but yo, if this dude knows more than what he's letting on like he's the town gossip and not, like, you know, a cop, I'm just like...

But Chris Messina from Kansas City? LMAO. Is Kansas City not like the rest of Kansas lol? Am I wrong in thinking Kansas is country af??? Chris is meatball af lmao but I love his little ass always, so happy he's here booed up with possible murdering bae Camilliam. 

Okay but last ep Camille saw her dead sis and she warned her that Camille isn't safe.

Uh doy.

But what is she not safe from? Everyone and everything, I suppose. Jackie described Camille as, like, sensitive and special, ie: a target. (Like one of the accused?? Who is strangely parallel to her in similarities????) A target for vipers, sharks, vampires, dark that wants to envelop light, etc. But can a drunk's opinion be all the way trusted? 

Idk, give me the rest of my episodes, tbh. And I want everything solved and wrapped up for me in a neat, nice little bow, or else I'm calling the police. 

But wait, what's the deal with the stepdad? I feel like I'm not honing in on him enough. The only person I'm refusing to side-eye and giving my trust to completely is Kansas City. If you're from Kansas City, with a meatball face and accent, I know you're on the level. 

1 comment:

  1. hey! i hope this reaches you - i would love to get in touch with you to extend an invitation to an event with a film critic here in LA. i know this sounds bizarre, coming as it does as a comment and not a proper email, but i promise you it is significantly less bizarre than this mode of outreach suggests, and how in heaven's name would i get your email from this blogspot? etc. if you'd prefer, you can shoot me a note at 75kyahtzee@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Hey