Saturday, May 30, 2020

Degrassi: Next Gen, S1


This is my life: watching Degrassi reruns on YouTube :')

I was uhbsessed with Sean back in my pre-high school days, and rewatching I totally get why but at the same time cringe at how basic I am. Sean is like 5'4 with bad skin and looks VERY CANADIAN. Very like Canadian white trash. Honestly I'm being rude to conceal my true amorous feelings. Sean is literally like always wearing a jean jacket. He is truly the baddest bitch Degrassi has ever seen. I can't decide if I sincerely ship him with strong-faced Emma, though. I do and I don't. The bad boy meets good girl trope isn't something I'm inherently into, but I like that Degrassi 1. is slowburning it (at least for a teen show) and 2. is doing like the middle school version of it, so it actually makes sense and isn't as cringe as when they do it with mature people/adults.

Principal Ratchet. Useless. Irrelevant. Basic Becky.

I despise JT. Always have. I did not care when he was killed and won't care when I watch it again :)

I do not remember caring about Jimmy when I used to watch Degrassi back in the day on The N after Instant Star went off or whatever. I did always think Aubrey was a qt, but I definitely did not actually ever care what Jimmy had going on. I thought he was boring and never had any good storylines. Just rewatching season 1, I feel totally different. At least for now. Like, he is adorable. He's kind of a good guy~ I think compared to the other annoying male characters, he's a breath of fresh air. Only his character can get away with having a tear fall from his eye as he orders pizza alone on his birthday :'(

I ship Jimmy and Sean. Degrassi is wrong for not nurturing this relationship!!!

Sean's Brother Tracker or Jacker or some shit. Roasted TF outta Emma when she wrote that article trying to get the computers taken away so the poor kids would have no way to do their homework. Give this man the Nobel Prize!

Jimmy's face when Ter and Paige were doing that awkward ass white girl two-step while performing Ashley's shitty song they made shittier by slutting up :')

Paige is the worst. A bad friend and thinks she's cute but definitely is not at all. In the Youtube comments (God keeps me alive as a joke) they were saying how they don't understand why Teri and Ash keep Paige around. And I'm like, yeah, wtf, why do they. Paige actively tried to smash Jimmy and 1000% stole Spinner's fat ass right up from under Teri (Terry? Terri?). Who does that? The fact that she hasn't been jumped yet is really wild, and extremely Canadian.

A plus-sized QUEEN. I want to say the show disrespects Teri, but so far I actually don't see that. But if my memory serves me correctly, they def go super hard on that in later seasons. But I'll wait to drag until we get there. But every1 in the utube comments was saying how pretty Teri is. I agree, but watching the show, they don't actually make it seem like Teri is some disgusting blob, that's more Teri dealing with a self-esteem issue. But I'll wait to see if this show starts making it seem like they agree Teri should have low self-esteem b4 I start going in. A character having low self-esteem is a valid plotline, especially for this type of afterschool special-y type of program. It's just weird when they do something like that and you can tell they agree with the character's psyche lol but anyway I'll w8
 
Annoying. Self-righteous. A bad friend. It's kind of terrible that Emma is such a big time main character, because she's pretty awful. She isn't awful enough to make me not care what happens, but she is pretty close to that line, so..

Baby Manny. I can hardly watch these early episodes with pre-thong Manuela lol, like she was such a liddle baby bean are you kidding me. But I see hints of the Manny we come to know, like when she got buck with Paige lol that's the Manny eye know. But Cassie Steele is too adorable with her lil dimples pleaz 

Oscar, the true star of this show. A bad bitch, and a #diva.

Hazel, the Nicki Minaj of Degrassi Middle School.

Coach guy. Who apparently also teaches math??? #Iconic when he had rumors spread about him molesting Liberty and wasn't immediately fired #tenurelife. Also iconic when he was reading out ppl's test scores smfh. A lowkey bad bitch.

The true ship of this season. Fight me!

rbvungriovjrpij WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does that guy just steal Jimmy's basketball and Jimmy doesn't do shit??!?!? Jimmy is lowkey a punk lmao. He is so cute tho :( 

Spin is so thick and sloppy and not in a good way though he absolutely could qualify to be one of Drake's babymammas, so that's something <3

Can't stand Toby, but despise him less than JT. Every1 in the utube comments was talking about his eyelashes and honestly the most annoying boys always have the best eyelashes. It's sickening and God is mocking us.

U guise. I never liked Liberty. But so far, just rewatching the first season, she is honestly so adorable. The actress is plain cute, but I also see they give Liberty a little comedy to do and it's actually funny lol. Sum1 in the utube comments compared her to Cookie from Ned's Declassified Skool Survival Guide and I totally see it. 4now, they're def companion characters. I hope I keep liking Liberty but I'm just remembering the assassination they do on her character in later seasons and pre-cringing.

Ms. Kwan. I was on my "get a man get a life" steaz with her, then they dropped the Husband Has Cancer bomb and I felt bad. Ms. Kwan to me does too much occasionally, but Spin and Jimmy went too far egging her car. Honestly, I only blame Spinner. Jimmy is just a follower but he is a sweet boy who would not think to do that independently idc idc!!

Literally irrelevant. Possibly Hispanic.

Ash is annoying, but I remember she was in my like Top 5 back when I first watched this in my awkward and oily days. I was obsessed with Ash, Craig, Manny, then Emma and Sean. Every1 else could die honestly. Rewatching, I still favor her character and storylines. And I'm excited for the coming seasons when she's emo and gets into all that drama with Craig. Idc, Ash is my fave eventho she's literally the worst, and possibly Gypsy.

Snake. Caucasian.

Okay, let's go season 2. No skool shootingz yet I don't think, but I anticipate the arrival of Craig, who is one of my all time faves, but with Craig comes Joey :( and his depressing bald bullshit :( Degrassi always has me on this roller coaster of emotions. Anyway, I'm thirty years old :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey