Friday, December 27, 2013





Okay, here's a pic of Oh Soo (right, ugh) and his partner in dumminess Jin-sung (left). I had no idea what his name was the entire time I watched the show. I thought...maybe it was Jyung. Or something. But imdb tells me differently...so, I guess. Anyway Jin-sung is really cute but he is solidly irritating for at least the first two episodes. Then he started to grow on me. Not, like, a lot. I just found myself able to tolerate him...better. To be honest, everyone on this show is super annoying except maybe Jo Moo-chul. 

Before I resume recapping the show I must address the ~villains~ of the show. Jo Moo-chul is the man hired to collect the debt that Oh Soo "owes" to Boss Kim. Boss Kim is like, the head gangster. He is, probably, the main villain, but I found his character so weak and non-scary. He also ran shop terribly. Like, Jo Moo-chul is Boss Kim's underling but is spitting in his face and disrespecting him all the time and Boss Kim doesn't do shit. Jo Moo-chul is a far more interesting villain but, really, he's not a villain. MORE ON THIS LATER, OBVI. Here's the only pic I could find of him on google:


He wears this like the whole time. He was the least annoying character to me even though he was trying ~really~ hard to be a badass. And it's just, like, stop. arrĂȘter. 

The other main baddy of the show is Secretary Wang. Really, no one is presented as a straight up jerk-off except for Boss Kim. And that may have to do with the fact that he has very little screentime. No character is just black or just white, and I really loved that the antagonist-types had pretty well fleshed out backstories that gave you a good idea of why they were the way they were. Anyway, Secretary Wang is...Young's sort of stepmom. She never married Young's dad, so Young can act all sorts of disrespectful to her because Young views Sec Wang as more of a housemaid. Also, Young pretty strongly believes Sec Wang is responsible for her blindy blindess (MORE ON THAT LATER UGH). Anyway, this is what Secretary Wang looks like: 


She is a cutiiiiiieeeeeeee pie. Does she look evil? At first, I thought - yeah. Because of the haircut. But pretty quickly she just seemed really pathetic and sad and also she's just way too cute for me to believe she'd be mostly responsible for a small child going blind. (Spoiler alert: she totally is.) 

Anyway, my thoughts on Secretary Wang were heavily colored by the fact that I thought she was Oh Soo's fucking mom. I REALLY thought they were setting that up and was C R U S H E D when the show never went there. Such a missed melodramatic oppurtunity, ugh. 

They had such good chemistry! And also the show set it up like: both Oh Soo and Secretary Wang are obsessed with Young. They seem to come together towards the end when Young needs a surgery but is being hesistant. Their goals are common and so are they, just in general. Also, they have some pretty intense fight scenes. I was like: "Woah, why is Oh Soo all up in this bitch's face like that? This is weirdly aggressive, even for him." And midway through, after one of their intensely weird arguments, I was like THERE'S ALL THIS PASSION BECAUSE THEY'RE MOTHER AND SON OMG. And I thought omg this will explain EVERYTHING about the both of them. But, then, NOTHING. Secretary Wang being Oh Soo's birth mom was never revealed. I still can't get over this, ugh. 

But, anyway, this post was to talk about some characters I mentioned and provide a face. Boss Kim's face is irrelevant just like his life lol

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey