Monday, October 10, 2016

Sicario (2015)


I watched this like two weeks ago so I forgot completely everything that happened. But I def remember thinking while watching, "When is The Bridge coming back?". I think I've been asking about a third season for that show for like three years lol smh but I'm serious what the fuck happened to The Bridge that show was lit af. Orr...idk, was it? Yes, it was. Why was it just randomly cancelled? I think? But they renewed Tyrant? Who watches that?? Anyway because I don't watch it I assume no one does and that's how logic works, my friends.

So anyway Sicario reminded me of a show I guess no one watched on FX but it had Diane Kruger and Demián Bichir and it was lit but kind of bad but mostly good. It was about...Mexican cartel stuff? Yikes. But they def talked about Juárez a lot and alladat. And there was drug stuff or whatever. Beheadings? Sure, probably. Def a lot of murders. Mexico and drugs and murder stuff. Pretty much any entertainment thing that has those three components is the same to me. Though obviously they're all on this sliding scale of goodness. Like, probably Sicario was better than The Bridge at least, like, scientifically? (idk). If not for the casting of Benicio Del Toro alone. And Emily Blunt also. They're like the ~respected Hollywood~ counterparts to Diane and that dude whom I first saw on Weeds spanking Nancy Botwin?? So yeah, Sicario was kind of maybe better than The Bridge. But no thanks to Josh Brolin. His head is so big idgi.

Anyway, Emily plays some FBI agent I think? Anytime I watch like policey stuff or FBI-y stuff I never know like...what's going on lol. I just wait for people to be brutally killed so I can get my life and don't try to think too much about anything. So Emily more than likely but I have no idea even though it was a major plot point played a FBI agent person probably. In the beginning of the movie she and her squad discover this trap house and it's like full of bodies? Like dead bodies in the walls? I thought it was weird that Ems and her crew were like vomiting and shit at the sight of that? Are they not used to that? I guess that should have explained her attitude the whole time towards Benicio and Josh's outfit and schemes? Like the whole movie I kept being confused why Emily cared so much about rules and legal shit lol. It was bothering me like who is in Mexico trying to play by the book? So bizarre lol. Maybe I watch too many movies but it was just weird. Like how she felt some type of way when they were on the highway and Benicio and them started shooting up niggas in cars and there were all these civilians around? I just assume...the FBI and etc does shit like this all the time?? Lol but I honestly know absolutely nothing. But I'm pretty sure shit like this happens all day every day? ALSO can we talk about how obvious the dudes in the cars were with face tattoos and shit? Like way to be a target to like Official Types, no? Because when they were sitting in the car waiting to see whom they'd be attacked by I kept thinking it wouldn't be the obvious looking turf war type dudes with face tattoos like that just seemed way too on the nose but it turned out to actually yes definitely be them? Whomp.

Anyway this movie was pretty good. Benicio was very lit. I kept thinking it would turn out he was the head cartel dude they were searching for the whole movie? lol like when Emily had her little ~revelation~ that Benicio was working for the enemy or whatever I was like...girl, duh. Lol just him being non-American, when she clocked that she knew immediately, but to me, it was like, and? There was weird suspect shit happening from jump. It just felt like Emily was mad late and kind of naive? 

Can we talk about Jon Bernthal and his nose and how him and his nose were in this and he and Emily were about to get down but they didn't cuz it turned out he was shady and maybe he tried to kill her sigh could he have tried to choke my girl Ems after the fucking? Smh, LAME.

Anyway I forgot everything that happened lol but I remember being ~enthralled~ while watching and I love Emily Blunt and Benicio so it was cool to watch them in this like I love when actors I love do stuff and I love when it's like good stuff? Very exciting. I am empty inside, anyway 10/10 would recommend. Or, eh...8/10 at least. 9/10 if I just had my coffee and morning pooh.

Wait, but ps: Who was pissed that Emily didn't shoot Benicio? Like I would've been heated if he came to my house and pointed a gun at me to sign some fucking paper saying he did everything right even though he didn't? ever?, then told me to move to like Idaho or something because I'm a lamb and his bitch ass is a wolf. Like that's kinda hot, but also really, really rude. If she would've murdered him she could've stayed. But then I guess who is really tryna be a wolf? Benicio has to be because he basically completely looks like a werewolf mid-transition at all times always. Anyway, did anyone see that Wolfman movie he did? If you didn't, congrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey