Wednesday, September 13, 2017

American Crime (2015 - 2017)

This show was cancelled, right? Thank god. Lol no jk, but not kidding?? Like, this show was...mad annoying. And...exhausting. It's one of those things that's just like draining and relentless. Which is very strange, I think?, for a network cable TV show? Though I think a lot of these ABC dramas might be like this? Cable-realness, but not as good? lol. I don't watch too much ABC dramas. Really, none at all. Maybe the last ABC drama I perused was How to Get Away with Murder? Which, just by that title alone you know they're trying to give you cable drama realness, never mind casting Queen Viola. I watched a couple eps of that and it was HELLA CHEEZY. But Viola made up for it by literally snatching her wig off, so it was fine. 

That's kind of how it worked out with American Crime, which I felt, always, was doing THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING MOST, to the extent that I was like, girl, enough. But it's weird because I usually love shit that does the most. Like one of my fave dramas of all time is Breaking Bad and literally Walt and co. were the most extra band of whites (and my stiff-necked, fried turkey hued bae Gustavo). I never complained about BB extraness. Why was American Crime getting on my nerves? Maybe it was because I could tell they were trying to be...like...touching on relevant political topics? And then it was filmed in that weird way like every South American film from the early aughts was filmed, but since this was an American production (I think?), it came off contrived? YES! Contrived! Like...stop trying so hard you're making my butt hurt.

But yeah, anyway, acting saves this show. But the acting is not superb all around. Honestly???? LIKE, HONESTLY? The main really good actor here is Felicity Huffman, who slays every time, so no surprise. Also Richard Cabral. Like, I don't even know if he is a good actor but I love watching him so good enough for me. Tim Hutton...like, was he even in the third season--OH SHIT, NOW I REMEMBER. FUCK!! The third season made me FUCKING UNCOMFORTABLE with him and Lili Taylor (so creepy and good in this season, btw)'s storyline. But Tim Hutton only made me care about him in the first season, with the storyline having to do with his son and daughter-in-law being murdered. 

But anyway thank god for Felicity Huffman. And others to a lesser extent lol. The first season....... Look, I binged this entire series on Netflix in one big gulp. Which...idek if I advise, tbh lol. At first I was like...ugh I hate this? Lol like I was mad annoyed. The way the show is set up and written...idk it was annoying me. Also I hated the two junkies. So prob the acting and writing was amazing because junkies are supposed to grate? But I couldn't fucking take it? Also isn't this show created by that koon who stole a writing crediting from my prob other Queen Coon Steve McQueen on 12 Years a Coon? Lol. I felt he was really tryna make the junkie swirlers a for-real adorable ass romance. EMBARRASSING. Like that dude kept embarrassing and betraying his sister when she was tryna help his dumb ass not go to prison for life. He sittin' up here talkin about I love Kayla (i don't remember her name lol) blah blah, NIGGA THEY FINNA ELECTROCUTE YOU!! Idk, maybe it was supposed to be annoying. If so, good job?? 
  
Season two...I ended up kinda liking? Which Ideky now that I look back because this season was annoying af the same as the first one. It was about: gay, possible date rape, basketballers, gay basketballers, date-raping basketballers, Trevor Jackson and me pretending I don't care about him, Andre 3000 lowkey bad-acting and me getting my life, me suspecting Andre 3000 was molesting his son and being disappointed nothing ever came up about that--BUT NO WASN'T IT WEIRD WHEN HE LIKE AUTO-SUSPECTED HIS SON RAPED THAT GAY EMO WHITE BOY AT THE PARTY, but can we talk about that annoying ass boy who oh so predictably pulled the weakest fucking Columbine I have ever seen. HE KILLED ONE KID! There were so many others to kill, come on! But like....................I very much wanted to sympathize with him cuz he got raped and all, but sigh, girl, I couldn't. He was just too annoying lol like...please stop looking like that. Omg and why did the show lowkey make his rapist look more sympathetic? Idk...like, his mom was the worst lol. Also he was cuter, so I guess that.

What was happening? Idek. What I hated about this whole show was: 1. being annoyed all the time, and also 2. they never like...concluded anything? Every season, obvi, had a crime/s, but I think none of them were properly resolved? Or we never got the full story? UM, ANNOYING? The fuck lol. I expect this BULLSHIT when I be watching them annoying ass Serial-esque documentaries detailing real-life crimes, but a fucking fictional TV show? BITCH YOU BETTER SOLVE THE SHIT AND TELL ME WHO DID IT AND WHY. Fuck outta here. AND I WAS SO ANNOYED THEY NEVER SHOWED LILI TAYLOR ABUSING THAT MAID! This why I don't fuck with network dramas. You too weak. It's not that I want to see violence and shit, like that is not even my thing, but it...like, took away the effect. This a show that's trying to ~shine a light~ on certain topics or whatever, and of course a real thing that happens is white people bring foreign non-whites over to take care of them and their household and abuse and treat them like slaves. But it was weird how the whole time I thought the maid was hurting herself? Lili's ass was burning and cutting this bitch, but they never even showed lead-up to it. It was just bizarre and ineffectual and I feel like the audience would ultimately end up not understanding the horrors these people irl face?? Like.. Either have your shit on HBO, or don't do it at all, tbh.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey