Friday, September 22, 2017

Schitt's Creek

Does anybody remember Instant Star? Just randomly the other day I was thinking of that Hope Partlow song "Sick Inside" and how it played between episodes of Degrassi when I used to binge their marathons in my depressed ~*~TeEn YeArS~*~. That was my jam. Then I started thinking of my other jams during that time, like that one song by Skye Sweetnam lol which lead me to thinking about my ultimate jam during that time, "Skin" by Alexz Johnson. "Skin" was A MOMENT song on the show Alexz starred on Instant Star, which was thankfully not Radio Free Roscoe. As long as a show wasn't Radio Free Roscoe, it was my show. So anyway I'm thinking about Instant Star and how that was my show (I was a fake fan and only watched like one and a half seasons; like when Alexz went blonde I was OUTTA THERE, BITCH! smh), and I had this EPIPHANY! I realized the bearded like hippie, outdoorsy sorta dude on Schitt's Creek was the ~heartTHROB~*~* from Instant Star. I completely forget his name on the show and don't feel like looking it up because I'm a bitch and lazy and have zero respect for Canadians and Canadian actors especially, but yeah! Lol he was on that show! No, cuz I was watching Schitt's a month or so ago on Netflix and I am like.......why does he look familiar to me. I kept thinking I maybe saw him play Superman on a TV show once? But I would never watch something so terrible sounding as that, so that couldn't've been it. Omg you know what. Like, I could've looked his ass up lol I am so lazy, but I am so happy I had my epiphany and finally realized why he looked familiar and OH EM GEE I am listening to music on shuffle rn and "Sick Inside" just came on! I manifested it with my bullshit! 

I want to die so badly immediately (joking!, universe). But anyway all that tragedy brings me to finally talking about Schitt's Creek, which is what I initially came here for smh please help me.

So remember how up there I said I had no respect for Canadians in general but their so-called "actors" especially? Anyway I was just being a bitch and I love Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy and this show is so amazing to have both of them and I am so happy :') 

So Schitt's Creek is about a rich family who loses everything I think to some Bernie Madoff type scammer? The only thing they have left in assets is a town called Schitt's Creek the patriarch of the family bought his son, I believe, as a joke. 

So they go to Schitt's to begin rebuilding and gaining back their fortune. Schitt's is some bodunk shit (ha..) town. Like, the mayor of the town, Roland Schitt, played by Chris Elliott--I think he owns the motel the Rose Family move into? Lol like they move in and Roland is showing them around and being all up in their room and taking a shit and everything lol like wtf kinda mayor is this?  

The show is funny because you have these like ridiculous rich people paired up with, I guess, more normal (not really) townsfolk types. And there's just obvious comedy with everything dealing with the shitty motel they have to stay in, and their dealings with the townspeople. My fave on the show is DAY-VID!, played by Eugene Levy's Son, I believe? I didn't look this up, but if that kid didn't come directly out of his dick, I'm suing. 

love David. He's playing like, just a shallow, kinda incompetent, sarcastic-y rich kid. I also auto-assumed he was gay (tho it could be the Canadian thing), but they reveal he's more pan or bi maybe? Very casually almost but I was side-eyeing it because the only chick he hooks up with is basically his twin in female form and it's just like okay gurl and YIKES.

Who's my second-fave bae after David? Prob Catherine O'Hara's character who plays some faded like crazy soap opera star. She's so funny and ott. And then the sister who is awful and always wearing headbands but she's funny in her awful, headband wearingness. 

I love the interactions between the family the best, it's just jokes after jokes, and I love when David interacts with his dad because he is rude and I just think it's cute to see Eugene Levy and Eugene Levy's Son interacting onscreen. But in general I just love how rude the whole family is to each other lol but they're still, at the end of the day, a family unit (wtf am I talking about). Wait but why am I still crying at when David ran away to live with those Amish people and they couldn't wait to get rid of him lol and he had all those fucking black clothes on smh this show is the best and why are there only two seasons? Are there more seasons and there were just two on Netflix? This show should never end I'm feeling some type of way..  

But yeah anyway that dude from Instant Star is on here lol. And that's primarily what I came here to be weird about because I literally forgot everything that happened because I watched this some months ago and got briefly mad it was over and wanted to forget it existed. But look: can this show keep happening? I don't understand, didn't they have this on TBS? Have you seen the original shows TBS has on there now? Ummmm, no! Lol. Put this back! Unless this was just an import and originally belonged to Canada and maybe still is happening hopefully? I'm too lazy to look can...if there are more seasons can Netflix put them up there??? WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO PUT UP SERIES 3 and 4 of Fresh Meat???? Like, honestly! 

eta: omg I just found out there's at least a season three I want to die & throw up why is my life so empty:')!!!!!!!!!!


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey