Thursday, October 5, 2017

A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story (1992)

Betty, Betty, Betty...

Okay. Wait. lol. Wait, hold on.

...

Is..

Were we.........as like, the audience, supposed to...........sympathize with Betty????????? If so, MONUMENTAL FAIL on the moviemaker's part. Monumental fail. Not once did I feel bad for Betty or agree with her behavior. Betty was turning up at every opportune moment like everywhere she went was the fucking Apple Store lol and I was entirely done and over her from minute fucking one.  

Betty was acting like...Dan fucking...threw acid in her face and stole her purse or something lol. Look, okay. Wait, I was about to say how Dan cheated and that was whack, BUT THE MOVIE NEVER MADE THAT EXPLICIT FOR ONE SECOND. Not for one second was it obvious to me Dan was cheating on Meredith Baxter-Birney and here again I am wondering like...were we supposed to feel sympathy for Betty?? This movie is called A Woman Scorned but like, why no show her being scorned? It was only implied, imo, and like, only by Betty. The only really explicit example of Dan being a piece of shit was when that woman from Dan's office quit because his alleged bae had her own office lol. But the only thing explicit about that was that that broad was a hater lol. The movie never once shows Dan being a true piece of shit. I guess we could infer from how he went behind Betty's back and sold that house, and also we're supposed to infer he carried on some massive affair? But look. Lol. Wait, hold on. 

Betty and Dan's marriage was trash and garbage????????? She threatening divorce every two seconds and acting wild af. Burning his clothes up over an assumption that he cheating. Now look!! DAN PROB WAS SMASHING! But burning clothes up??????????? Is it just me or is that WILD AF????? And like, her kids could see? Betty unhinged, bottom line. And their relationship was trash before he started stepping out so I honestly couldn't care less and she was being hella delusional and clinging on to the little bitty piece of string that was their unsubstantial relationship for totally superficial and unorganic reasons. 
   
Her real thing is she felt entitled to Dan because she supported him while he was getting his career going, but now that he glo'd up, he tryna peace out. Bitch, marry up. The fuck you building a nigga up for? Espech when he played the dad on 7th Heaven?? I mean!! Honestly! NO ONE told you to do that. But okay. She did. She supported Dan's fuckboy ass while he was getting himself together and he got himself together and now they have mad money and beach houses and shit which is DOPE! If I built a nigga up and we had mad money and he cheated on me I wouldn't burn a single sock. Gimme a divorce and cut my checks. I'm getting all these houses and then some. Betty played it all wrong, crashing cars into people's houses, tearing cake up in people's bedrooms lol, brawling like some animal on nice suburban lawns, fucking uh...taking a picture too close to the new wife's face smh lol. And like, you know, that whole thing with her, MURDERING DAN AND THE MISTRESS TURNED WIFEY?? Bitch, you crazy!!! 

Divorce, get your money, and live a fabulous divorcée ass life! You can be out here doing hella gangbangs with Arabian princes and shit lol but you worrying about a nigga wit a receding hairline who dating a broad that look like somebody's little brother. I don't understand!!! Betty didn't even seem like she loved or liked Dan. She just felt she should be married to him. I felt no sympathy for her. Especially not when she bought that nice beach house and was talking about how you're supposed to enjoy the fruits of the labors of your 20s and 30s in ur 40s but had the nerve to be looking depressed by a swimming pool she owned. Miss me. Kill me if I'm swagged out in my forties acting pressed over some dusty white dude who don't even got a fatty. Dumb! 

Now I watched this on youtube (just kill me rn instead) and comments implied the real life case was...different. Like Dan and his piece were mercilessly harassing Betty and drove her to a desperate point. If that was actually the case, I wonder why Lifetime did not portray that in the film? How odd to make it look like Betty was completely crazy if she had actually, irl, been egged on and abused? Or were the comments not accurate and she was just being your typical entitled white lady? I worked at Target once, so I know how these hoes can be lol, but...I also kinda believe her ex-bae and his wifey were messing with her. Especially since Dan had all that power. And they did include some of that in the movie, but that was like 1% and the other 99% was Betty doing a Gone Girl but not in a ~cool girl~ sort of way. In an embarrassing TV movie from the dorky ass early-nineties sort of way. And guess what? I LOVED IT! THIS MOVIE WENT TF OFF! lol, I was like, upset when it ended? I wish this were a big, feature film. I lowkey want a remake and for it to be in theaters, but it wouldn't have Meredith Baxter. We need Meredith Baxter. It is imperative. She is the QUEEN. She makes or breaks the iconic TV movie. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone but look if you do a remake with like Samantha Morton or some shit or do a black version for no reason with Viola Davis I will be FIRST IN LINE for the tix. Loljk no one goes to the movies anymore. Imma wait for it to come on streaming somewhere like a few months later :'). 



Better than Citizen Kane?: YES



-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey