Thursday, June 11, 2020

Degrassi: Next Gen, S5

It's Season 5,  Chester's dead, and God is Good.

Jk, this season was whack as fuck and there are a ton of new characters who are seriously awful, never mind that all the OGs get dumb storylines like being spontaneous lesbians, or having to interact with Kevin Smith and his thick New Jersey skull and jorts. And literally there is SO MUCH Darcy my god. And Peter *throws the fuck up*. God, so many shit new characters. Also Degrassi has already went there too much so in this season we have a teenage pregnancy storyline that is given primarily B-plot energy. And you can tell Degrassi writers were struggling to keep up with their brand image by making Liberty be the one to get knocked up. I need Degrassi to hurry up and go full Boiling Point already b4 I freakin' lose it!


Marco finally looks cute this season!!! God is (sometimes) good! His fashion is still shit but at least he doesn't have flat-ironed side bangs hallelujah praise Jesus!

Honestly, me. But that talent agent lady telling Manny to quit the rice and beans and dump the lumps is honestly #iconic and also #extremely #racist and #veryrude.

Me, I'm Hazel. Jimmy has a curious soul-patch baby chin beard situation going on that I think we only get in this scene, and then never again. Some1 pulled sis aside and told him what's what and honestly Marco is jealous because he clearly does not have real people in his corner like that who will get him together about that soul-patch, or them raggedy fits.

Me, I'm Manny's dad gathering her because honestly it's necessary.

I'm Spinner's tongue ring. He actually looks cute this season. For him; for a white Canadian thic boi. It's so funny how this show always has him getting girls even though if any1 needed to "dump the lumps" it was always any1 who ever dated Gavin, so.

This is giving me I'm gonna be an actress, like, academy award-winning Jennifer Lawrence pre-Weinstein ousting teas and I'm HERE for it!

Peter is such a damn creep. The whole Manny video situation should've had his ass expelled and us never having to see his creepy behind ever again. Instead, the show has him seriously date the best friend of his victim, because that's really some shit for us to root for and get behind. They really tried to make us feel bad for him because his dad makes him sleep in a storage room or whatever. Um, it's what he deserves. This storyline gave me racist Billy from Stranger Things energy. 

My KING!

Me @ all these ugly ass new characters

Me lowkey checking for Danny

Me on season 5 episode 2 wondering when they plan to wrap this shit up and hurry up and introduce us to Eli and Claire and them cuz..

Me

Season 5 is so whack concerning Jimmy + Hazel right off the bat with Hazel giving Jimmy these little cheek kisses and him giving her these fake smiles like she's his weird aunt or something. Okay, Degrassi, I see you.

Lmao, when Jimmy fought Deriq!!!! I cannot believe Degrassi introduced a character whose sole initial purpose is to antagonize a character in a wheelchair. Like, literally, Deriq is pressed because Jimmy is in a wheelchair. What sort of white trash shit is this?? And what a grr8 way to introduce us to a character you plan to keep on the show and have more storylines. Can't wait to see more from the disabled persons hater character, Degrassi, like I'm literally so pumped! smh

This is giving me congratulations you just got beat by a cripple teas 

Jimmy looks like RavenElyseTV

Listen. I never cared about Danny back in the day, but rewatching now, like, I'm a #stan. He is ADORABLE. And I love how he lowkey looks out for his sister. I love how he thinks Liberty is too good for JT because first of all, it's true. I love when he found out about the pregnancy that he immediately launched into beating JT's doofy little ass because #bigmood! But I also love how, once his anger subsided, he got all excited about being an uncle and immediately jumped into supporting his sister. Like, I love him. I hope it stays like this but I honestly feel like he is going to be ruined because Degrassi, it goes there and by go there clearly they mean destroying literally every character but especially non-white ones just for fucksies!!

I know Aubrey is getting into his Drake Mood by season 5 and that's cute and all but I am honestly sick at the lack of an s-curl. What are these waves, sis? You look Puerto Rican and I am NOT here for it!

Me getting Degrassi together about this weak ass season and the Friendship Club storylines specifically. 

Craig's hoes. 

Can we talk about Ellie being into Craig? Cringeee....and then her and Jimmy? I'm not really feeling Ellie. I don't dislike her, but I don't fuck with her like that in general. Particularly this season she is too cringe and birdish for me. That's Manny's aesthetic and she pulls it off. Ellie and her deadpan emo shit does NOT okay, delete this shit.

Manny's season 5 hair in the beginning is so terrible but also was my hair for like the entirety of high school so I'm cringing both for her and myself and it's...it's tough. She's still the baddest Degrassi bitch, period, so it's okay. Concerning her and Craig: look, I can't get over the abortion storyline. I'm just like, how are they chilling like she didn't abort their baby when she was fourteen? If I was Manny I'd never talk to Craig again and act like I didn't know him lol but idk maybe she is a Pisces

Me at how whack season 5 is and wondering why they promoted Darcy to series regular and seriously expect us to care about this Friendship Club shit and also expect us to feel bad for Spinner like he didn't cause Jimmy to almost get killed like in what universe are y'all living in cuz I'm confused

Me, both

Danny is so damn pretty like this is a Danny stan blog until further notice

Let's talk about Jimmy's art. He needs to work on faces. Why does Rick look like Mr. Raditch? Is it some sort of commentary? Also.........correct me if I'm wrong, but did Jimmy even see Rick take a shot at him? Wasn't his back turned? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Me struggling through all these Darcy scenes while also trying to pretend I care about Paige and Alex, or Craig and Ellie or Craig and Manny or Jimmy and Ellie or :'(

jngmngirjmgrjopbgkpog

I'm the baby

Danny is so cuuuute!!!

Craig and Manny were so wrong for hooking Emma up with ugly ass Deriq lmao man they are too shady I'm living!

Joey and this baddie. Yeah, right lol. In what world does a balding supposedly ~34yearold~ single dad have a shot with a gorgeous, 23 year old with zero obligations? Sure, the actress was clearly not twenty-three lol but still. Joey looks forty at least and is always on some depressing bum shit. Plus, why does Degrassi think we care about Joey's love life lmao I can't wait til this show stops forcing us to watch these scenes with the adult characters like the students' storylines are bad enough smh you don't have the range, please.

Lmao, this Jesse Pinkman-esque drug lord they had yolk up JT!!!!! 
Canada is wylin lmao jgrigniok[kpogtkor

Meeeeeeee

This is giving big leave get out 2004 energy and I'm honestly going to throw up

Relatable content

Bruh, when Marco came out to his dad in the middle of a fucking play. Who does that? So unprofessional and ratchet smh.

...What i...s,..

So ratchet smh

Aw, so cute :') I'm so glad Marco Italiano's hair is curly like I'm literally relieved lol his first three seasons were ROUGH

Booooooooooo!!!!

#Linus h8 blog

#mood

This ugly ass stripper they got for Spike omg

The eating disorder storyline in my opinion was terrible. Very afterschool special-y. I think I'd bet my life that they will never bring this shit up ever again lmao. Such a mess.

This teacher tho..

Me struggling through every single episode and cringing when they rehash the Dylan/Marco storyline and throw in Tim who is super cringy and makes me not despise Dylan as much why Degrassi why

When Dylan's friend was overly hyping his back tat lmao

Girl.. Is this supposed to be Ashley's London Look? Honestly, I'm lowkey excited for her to d8 Jimmy again like how do you make him boring after being the sole victim in a school shooting I will never know

Spinner is wearing Joe Boxer drawers and I love how well that fits his general white trash aesthetic. Degrassi sometimes gets it right :)

Didn't the actor who plays Spin improvise this hug? I can't stand Spinner, but this moment is really cute. In general, tho, I'm Team Never 4give Spin. He was always a trash friend to Jimmy and I will NEVER ship them!!!

Craig is fucking forty

Me

Honestly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey