Sunday, July 26, 2015

Penny Dreadful

So I really love this show. Which is weird, because the whole ~fantasy~ element with all the monsters and super-witch powers isn't entirely my thing. I guess Being Human UK and American Horror Story are shows that I liked that are in a similar vein of Penny D?? But for the most part, I like, do not care about werewolves, okay?!

What really draws me to Penny Dreadful is Eva Green. She's like 1,000% my reason for even being interested in this show in the first place, and there's no way I would have watched if she weren't the clear ~star~~. Eva Green is very special as an actress and I'll follow her crazy ass anywhere. Well, wait, I don't know about her personally lol, but her acting is crazy and I fucking live for it. It's great and this show is a very appropriate vehicle for her. So, she was my main reason for watching this, but now maybe I have other reasons, too? Like, NO ONE is more important than Eva, but can we talk about Rory Kinnear? He is completely killing me and I want to die. He makes me want to die. I love him and hate him and if the show ever kills him off I'll be really upset. I was also super-into Harry Treadaway this season? I mean, I'm already into the Treadaway twins for primarily superficial reasons, but I really got into Harry this season for his acting. I supremely hated his character in the first half, and then he got all crushed and I felt super bad for him and I don't know...good acting?? Billie Piper also killed/disturbed me? Even Reeve Carney's blank ass gave me something to work with. And Helen McCrory! She is also another special actress. Why every time that I see her in something she is giving me more than I asked for? This is the type of acting I wholly agree with and she's great and I'm a little sad she (probably) won't be in season three. At least...at least I *vomiting sounds* still have Peaky Blinders

Okay so it looks like there's going to be a season three and I am ecstatic. I have no idea how popular/watched this show is. I'm glad this shit is on Showtime because seriously Showtime seems to renew all of its shows whether or not people are watching them lol and that's great! I think, though, that Penny D has a pretty solid fanbase? I mean I have no idea lol. I do know that the fanbase might really be shipping Vanessa and Ethan? LOL. Wait...do I ship them?? Ugh, idk. I sort of want a bigger, more ~charismatic~ love for Vanessa, if they're going to give her one. But...I could sort of be into her saving Ethan from whatever hell he's going to face in America. I'm...so curious for how they'll unravel season 3. They could totally reboot, right? Or...revamp? Are those the same...the same words lol. Vanessa has...I think...defeated her demon? So it's gonna be an entirely different game for her. Also...she has accepted that she needs to go it alone...so I'm wondering what that means for her and all the other characters connected to her.

Will John Clare be back?? Will Frankenstein descend into addiction?? Will he become even more of a monster now that he's had his heart broken?? Wtf is gonna happen to Ethan in America?? What about Sir Malcolm? What's he got going on? Is he even relevant without Vanessa?? What's gonna happen with Lily and Dorian? Is anyone shipping their horrible union?? I am sort of annoyed neither of them can be killed :') Also...what the heck is Lily talking about with the super-race of Frankenstein monsters? Frankenstein only created three of them; one was destroyed and another is sailing to fucking Antartica or some shit, so... What is she going on about? And can the monsters produce? I guess??? smh idk. And Hecate! Are you seriously bringing this b back for season 3?! I don't like her ugh! Lol she's so annoying omg. Season three is either gonna be really lit or Hannibal season 3 level "ugh - enough!" irritating. But I'll still love it, though. I still love you Hannibal please don't be upset with me for shading you but why the fuck didn't Michael Pitt come back hmm? :) I mean Joe Anderson is good but I can tell the difference :) and the difference is that it's not Michael Pitt :)

lol p.s. did you seriously just kill the only black person in the cast off like that? I mean, he was truly irrelevant...but I thought you were trying to make him relevant by forcing a friendship with Ethan? Sigh, except it seems the forced friendship was only there so we could ~feel bad~ when Ethan killed him?? lol i didn't care even a little bit :') Nice try sweetie :')

pps. Why didn't Clare kill that blind bitch?! I AM SO UPSET AND DISTRAUGHT. I AM ANNOYED YOU MADE ME THINK THEY WERE STARTING UP A LOVE CONNECTION ONLY TO HAVE THIS BITCH BETRAY HIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT. WHY DO YOU HATE CLARE SO MUCH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HIS LIFE IS SO TRAGIC AND YOU'RE JUST LIKE LOL MORE! More tragedy! *evil villain laughter* I hate this show and want it to die also hurry up season three you're taking to long to get here let's go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey