Friday, July 17, 2015

Wrecked (2010)


So the first thirty or so minutes of the movie, Adrien Brody is in a car sort of jerking around and oscillating between irritated groaning and cries of help with brief periods of him going like "Who am I?" in a entirely non-existential way. He also: talks to a corpse in the backseat of said car, steals things from said corpse, and makes several desperate attempts to retrieve a dirty mint from the floor of the car, to eat. Does this sound interesting? Eh, a little? Exactly!!  

Look, I LOVE Adrien Brody, and I don't get the shade the industry gave him after his Oscar win for The Pianist. Is it because of his nose?
I feel like because of his nose he should be respected more, BUT WHATEVER. I always feel weird when people complain about their favorite actors not getting enough love, because it's usually super-famous, super-rich people. Like when people whine about Leo not having an Oscar. That's so annoying to me. Like, he's fine. Adrien doesn't have Leo money, success, nor respect lol, but he does have, to my limited knowledge, all of these things, just not to Leo's extent. So many actors, far more talented than him, don't have any of these things, so I feel weird bitching that he still gets regularly cast in movies and no one cares as much as I think they should. Like, I'm pretty sure he was at the Oscars this year even though he was only in The Grand Budapest Hotel for like ten minutes, doing a parody version of his DalĂ­ act from Midnight in Paris

So, anyway, Adrien Brody is the greatest actor to ever live and I don't mind at all watching an entire movie that pretty much only stars him. He had the occasional co-star show up: Caroline Dhavernas, that mountain lion and/or bobcat, and that dog. But we spend the majority of the movie just watching Adrien Brody by himself, sitting places, wondering who he is and how he wound up in his current predicament. Did I rob a bank? Did I murk some bitch? Is the bitch I maybe-murked haunting me? What's all that cash in the trunk? Is this corpse my friend? Would he be cool with me stripping his corpse body? Why do I have amnesia but still I remember I don't like mints, or that I had a dog as a kid :')?? 

I was sort of annoyed when they showed us what ~really~ happened to result in Adrien ending up in that car wreck. I loved his dorky sweater in the flashback, but EYEROLL at him turning out not to be a bad guy. I got comfortable with the fact that I was rooting for a criminal/murderer to get himself to safety. And then you drop the bomb that he's really a "good" guy, and I was like ugh, fine

This movie was sort of boring? lol. Why is that funny? Idk, lol is a nervous tick at this point, but seriously, if this movie had not starred one of my "faves", I would have turned it off extra-quick. Why have the mountain lion but I'm never really concerned it's going to attack and mutilate Adrien? Come on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey