Thursday, April 28, 2016

Green Chair (Love Conceptually) (2013)


Um. What was this movie about? I saw this like three months ago and...just could not write about it. And now that I have the energy and audacity to try to tackle this shit, I dun forgot the whole fucking plot and everything that happened :) I am blessed. 

What I remember: woman in her thirties is an art teach I think and a newly divorced...divorcĂ©e? She's like...a little depressed and trying to build her life back together after separation? She's living on her own anddd she's having some casual sex. Okay, cool. The woman was presented as very...like, damaged? A fucking mess. Lowkey highkey sloppy af. Like, why was she blowing that old professor of hers?????? She was just doing a lot for a bitch nearly in her forties. But I guess it was sort of...sigh, idk. It was different to see a woman at an age where society expects you to start having your shit fully together, not have...any of her shit together. Possibly she built her life and identity around being married, but realized that shit wasn't her...and now she has to start all over. This has been explored in movies, but at the same time it still feels like a taboo subject? To explore this ugliness, sadness and loneliness woman experience, particularly to ~women of a certain age~. Like, typically a movie about a woman finding herself at this age, and in the manner in which the woman does it in this movie, it's couched in a comedy, but she still gets the guy in the end :)

She got the guy in the end in Green Chair...but it wasn't really a comedy. It was kind of intense, for a...Korean indie. Also, the guy the woman gets is...precisely twelve years old??? 
And then the end has the twelve year old doing a voiceover like "AND THAT'S HOW I MET MY WIFE :)!" 

...

Okay...

I don't even know what my review can be lol. This movie was sort of boring to me? Besides the sex scenes, which aren't even really gratuitous, but I was lowkey like, "Okaaaaayyyy" lol. That's niiiiiiice. But it was weird tho because the woman is fucking her student?? And he's mad young. Yes, he pursues her, but...didn't Jorge pursue Mary Kay? Like, that doesn't make it alright. And also you as the teacher are supposed to be like, "Whoa hold up." So I felt weird about ol' girl smashing this kid. And in the classroom? Like, bye. Actually they stopped right before he penetrated or whatever BUT THEY WERE STILL GETTING BUCK NAKED IN THE ROOM WITH THE LIGHTS ON AND EVERYTHING LIKE GOODNIGHT MOON!! 

Why was the movie called Green Chair? Or is it Love Conceptually? Love Conceptually I get because there was like this ugly ~art theme~, but what is Green Chair? She dreamed of a green chair or some mess, right? Sigh, idk, bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey