Saturday, April 2, 2016

She's Not Crying, She's Singing (2011)


Idk, I watched this movie maybe more than two months ago? And have taken my sweet ass time getting around to writing about it. I try to write about everything I watch with the exception of reality shows because honestly if I tried to write about Catfish or, like, Bad Girls Club, I'd have to create whole separate blogs for them and honestly, I'm not ready for that yet. To be that sad. LIKE, it's bad enough I watch the shows. I'm not writing entire blog posts speculating if Nev still struggles internally with punching that girl when he was in college, you know? And like does he feel he deserves what happened to him? Having to be the host of this very tragic and shameless but super-amazing television program? Omg look at me I'm bout to write a whole dissertation plzzz but why was that high-booty boy from Philly in the pink shirt acting like he was not exactly as he looked??? And he had a kid. He slept with a woman?? WHAT BITCH FUCKED HIM?? REVEAL HER IDENTITY.

See??! See?! No, I cannot write about my reality shows. I feel sick. But I try to write about everything else. Actually, writing about TV in general is difficult for me. I can't decide if I want to blog episode by episode or season by season...and even if I do it season by season...idk it feels like a lot of work lol and I am lazy as hell. Like I tried to blog this shitty kdrama Blood episode by episode but had to stop because I wanted to die???:)) Anyway, I'm off on another fucking tangent wow like my attention span has been completely decimated in adulthood. I used to be able to pay attention when I was younger?? Now it takes me like a month to read a Junie B. Jones sized novel? What is happening?? Probably Fluoride poisoning. 

SO ANYWAY!! I try to write about everything I watch but by everything I mostly mean movies. Movies are easy. Usually they're about two hours. That's fairly easy to handle. Lol I'm jk I haven't posted on this blog in like a whole month because I am so lazy and tired and dying and wondering what ever the fuck happened to The Bridge? That was my show. Did it get a season 3?? The fuck this is some bullshit. 

ANYWANWYANWAYAYAYWAYY!! Trying to write about every movie I watch is hard because it's one thing to watch these pieces of shit, but I rarely think "Wait. I have to write about this mess" when I'm deciding to watch some bullshit. Actually, I think about that a lot now. Like...literally no one is telling me to write these blog posts lol. I do this for free and "for fun" and I can just...not...if I wanted to? But idk I have OCD or something and already decided I wanted to write about every movie so sigh I have to which sigh means I have to write about She's Not Crying She's Singing

I watched this movie so long ago that I remember basically nothing from it. The main character is a young woman, maybe 27. She's like emotionally detached, has a lot of sex, I think? It doesn't seem she has many partners, but maybe fucks to numb her pain? Idk, she was molested for years by her dad. He's in a coma the whole movie. She visits him frequently in the hospital and talks to him. Basically confronting him about what he did. This is basically about a woman trying to heal, reconcile with her younger self. It's almost like she's trying to forgive herself...which makes me uncomfortable. Forgive herself for??? I could be reading/remembering it wrong though. But it felt like, though she was confronting the dad..........mmm I don't like that he was in the coma. It like forcefully humanizes him or something. He's weak and vulnerable and it makes it difficult to put that monster mask on him. Or maybe that's the point? Sigh, idk. 

This is an interesting topic to explore in a film, but this particular movie was very boring. Which is like...so horrible of me lol. I'm like *serious voice* Child abuse and its damaging effect on adults should be explored in cinema. Only to quickly turn around and be like "lol yawn!!!!". Omg but I keep thinking how bothered I am that the dad didn't get to speak; be a voice. Like it's the daughter who was abused, and then...she confronts her mom, who's all "Um lol that didn't happen/get over it." How...is ol' girl supposed to get over something that didn't happen, ma? Sigh I was just annoyed that it was basically the women being the voices when what they were speaking about, who caused the problem, was laid up in the hospital in a coma. It just made me uncomfy. But again, I could see how it was maybe intentional, especially if this film was done by a woman which I'm too lazy to go look up but it feels like a woman directed this. I get what they were doing, I just think it was a wrong choice. 

There was like no resolve?? Like the movie tried to act like there was, but idk how getting shit off your chest to a nigga in a coma...like helps anything? I'd be heated if some nigga molested me and I aint get to tear into his ass while he was conscious, BUT OKAY. That's me and that's them, I guess. Anyway, doesn't matter, the movie was boring 4/10 would not recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey