Sunday, May 1, 2016

Girlhood (2014)



I liked this. I liked that it was about 1. black girls, and then 2. like chavvy French black girls. I don't know fucking shit about the black experience in France. I've seen some examples of the black males in movies, but very few. Black women and girls? Zero. None. Absolutely none, so this was like refreshing and nice, just to see their faces. 

Now!! Am I feeling some type of way that this was directed by a whitey???? Hmmm. It's like, on the one hand: Thanks............... But on the other hand.........It just had me personally wondering what a white woman knows about the experience of young black women, you know? Obviously someone who's like a great artist can put themselves in others' shoes, and it's certainly not against the law to portray an experience wildly different from yours, as that is all storytelling is, but...we can't pretend it's not superrrr loaded for a white person to attempt to tell a black person's story. Also I'm wondering if...there are like...even black women directors in France. You know? Which yikes. There might be so many tho I have no idea. Google and I are not on speaking terms. I don't like how right in the middle of its name are just boobs? Like okay?? Obscenity just to provoke? That's like, so 2010. 

So, anyway, I should be murdered. At the very least, I should have this blog taken away from me. That's not gonna happen though because no one cares. No one reads this shit. Well, actually, sometimes (three total times) people comment and say they do read this shit (keirdulleagonetomorrow.blogspot.com) and I just be staring at my screen like..."But why...? Why would you do this to yourself?" And it's not even low self-esteem. It's just like...being realistic, and frightened for other people because I am so aware, and they just are so obviously not, you know? I'm just worried, that's all :/

What was I doing? Idk, real quick I just zoned out for like five minutes straight. I entirely lost those five minutes. I think I have dissociative personality disorder? I definitely have a disorder. I am disordered. Please help me. 

So anyway! I really loved Vic, played by Karidja TourĂ©. She's soooooooo pretty and I was just living. 
She's like mad cute and just giving me stunning teas as well? I'm annoyed to know she auditioned to play Storm in the upcoming X-Men movie but they gave it to that goofy bitch who played Aaliyah in a fucking Lifetime movie instead? Lol, woww. Like Hollywood is...embarrassing. But I am too for sitting up here acting like I give af about fucking X-Men. That shit is whaaccckkk! Karidja can go and get her a better, less cringe-worthy role in a movie. I get that it's good exposure or whatever, but can...but can movies that have ~good exposure~ roles for up and coming talent...be LESS FUCKING STUPID??? Like why do I have to see these dumb ass comic book movies and root for my fledgling faves in them? This shit has me heated these movies are fucking trash!! Lol please!! Ugh.

I also really loved Lady. She reminded me of a few different black girls I knew growing up. Like the mean, sort of rough, but pretty black girls. I'd be like scared of them and resentful of their intimidating demeanor because I had none, but I also wanted to fuck with them because they were pretty and cool. Dynamic, you know? So her character really took me back to my youth ugh kill me. Also...the like...fights? With two bitches scheduling to tear each other's asses up and everyone is all excited like Fight after school! Fight at the playground!! I have...sigh, definitely been a part of a few of those crowds. I have seen my fair share of casual acquaintances get their ass beat at a scheduled meeting place. That shit hurt when Lady lost her fight. But why would Vic think--Wait, no, Lady ultimately liked that Vic beat that chick's ass for her, right? Okay but in real life her friend would've been salty af and then ended up beating her ass. Prob woulda lost tho lol

So I was annoyed with the fucboi Vic was lusting after. It was all "I'm your brother's friend" when she had the cornrows, but then she got the weave and he all of a sudden wanted to tear the cheeks apart?? 
Bye!!!! Also what...what was the storyline? Lol...like. First of all, what was the deal with the bro? His character seemed familiar but at the same time I couldn't peg him completely. I guess he took over the role as man of the house? But he was doing three much for me. But at the same time that character was completely recognizable, however, there was this weirdness like...why was the relationship between him and Vic lowkey sexual?? Was I buggin? Prob, I'm always thinking something is sexual. Sigh, get a man, bitch!! 

Okay and then...what was this with Vic...like going to work for that Araby sort of dude and selling drugs?? I was like lol okaay. And then she was a tomboy, I guess to avoid being treated like shit? Because remember that scene where they were catcalling women and disrespecting them and Vic in her khakis was going along with it like she was one of the guys? Okaaay...like what was all of that?? I def felt at a certain point the movie was doing tew much. Why couldn't Vic have stayed at home and we sort of see how things evolved (or devolved) there? It just felt very like they felt they needed to change scenery. I don't need a bitch/dude from the hood selling drugs storyline every...fucking time, yeah? Every nigga not a gangsta. Bitch coulda stayed on the homefront and got that janitor job or whatever and we see how shit went for her with that. But then would I be complaining about her being a custodian and how it's typical? Tbh, PROBABLY. 

Anyway thanks for this scene

and this, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey