Saturday, June 10, 2017

Arrested Development

AD just got renewed for some new seasons, right? Good. I hope it goes on forever? Like that's not realistic, but I look at a show like Always Sunny that is just forever going for no reason (I'm glad about it) and I wish this for like so many other shows? Well, no. Just like my cult comedy faves. Ugh, this post has barely begun and it just needs to be over already. But AD getting renewed and put on Netflix was weird, right? I was excited but it took a minute for me to get into season four. Everyone looked pretty diff with the exception of Lucille 1, George, and Baby Buster. I'm looking like whoa why is GOB hot and why would Michael Cera's soul chose a grandma as its host body? But I recently binge-watched the whole series all in one big go and it was easier to digest this time around. I almost lowkey love season 4...well, once I get past the George eps. Can I just say that I do not like George? lol, like. Way too much focus on him. I mean, no, there seems to be...maybe an equal focus on everyone, but like...I do not care for George. Lowkey it might just be Jeffrey Tambor? Because I watch Transparent and I am like...I am not here for this lol. Like I enjoy the show eventho it's extremely awful, but he does nothing for me as the titular Trans Parent of the series. I am looking at this fool like............is this some ugly, rude dude in a dress? Hard Pass. And then here as George I am...simply not feeling it. Comedy-wise he is not giving me what I like. Though I guess a few times he's had his moments? But mostly no. But fine I guess? Because there are so many other characters, but in seas4 it was...hard to swallow because the episodes were sectioned up character by character and they put the two George eps in the beginning. HARD NO.

Who's my favorite Blüth? So hard!! Okay my fave character overall is prob..? Tobias. That's my baby with his bald ass. He's so cute lol like I just want him to be happy. He's not a Bluth tho. When I first watched the series, I think my fave was GOB. Those sandals and him screaming about five thousand dollar suits and candy beans and constantly talking about making huge mistakes was just an obvious choice, right? But over time my tastes have refined...and now I don't know. I feel like Buster. I love any Buster scenes, Tony Hale is so fucking funny to me. But I also really love Michael? When I first watched the series I kinda accepted him as just a str8 man. Like the one with ~*~common sense~*~. But I was pretty young when I first started watching this lol now I'm like...Michael may be the worst of all. Because he's like put up as the one with a few thinking crumbs, but makes just as many ridiculous/terrible choices as the rest of his family whom no one holds to any standards? So that's pure comedy lol. But maybe my fave Bluth is Lucille. Like what is not the best about Lucille? She is my inspiration. Is that okay? No! But it's happening! Mmmmm I can't choose, because Buster and his juice obsession is just like, the only thing I've ever seen in media that exactly understood me? I just don't know! 
 
Okay, so I feel weird because after all these years I still ship George Miguel and Maeby. It's almost an authentic romanceship for me? Like I ship them how I ship relationships in shows that aren't as ridiculous and that you can take like at least 1% seriously? I don't know, I kind of want help, but I also really want them to be baes. But it would be weird as fuck. Also you can tell Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat have like a friend-like relationship off-screen (I literally have no idea if they do smh), so like it'd be weird if they were booed up. But the show could make it funny. But also beautiful. Like, LEGIT! Gob and Tony Wonder's bromance is SO CUTE. Like, I was getting into it in a serious way. Please! I also legit ship Lucille 1 and Buster. Some of the relationships are really cute, sorry lol. I mean, not cute cute. Everyone is terrible, but, cute in an absurdist, bizarro world way, I guess leave me alone!  
 
I really love all the layers of jokes. This is what I loved the most about the series when I first watched it. It satisfies my OCD for them to be constantly referencing shit and Russian Dolling jokes within jokes. I also love how this is probably why people weren't checking for the show initially, and still prob don't now? Obviously this show has a dedicated fanbase, but it's not some 50 million views an ep type Big Bang Theory deal. I could see people watching this like casually and being lowkey annoyed like...wtf is this. Which I live for. This is my type of humor but anyway when will I die :')  

A soupçon of questions that I need answered before season 5:
-Was that makeup on Steve Holt? A lot of that looked like just him........? But anyway, more screen time for Steve Holt? Underused, imho.
-Remember when Egg was on that show State of Grace and she was like cute? Did she just stay in that body, but got older? I can't be the only bitch who watched that show for three episodes when it was on like ABC Family or whatever and Maeby was her best friend in it and I literally have no fucking idea what it was even about but I remember thinking the little blonde girl was cute and then the next time I see her she on this show looking like she got stuck in her neck and swear to fucking god I thought she just looked like that for the show but I think the actress just look like that in general lol no shade it's fine but I just know I'm not the only bitch who has been brought on this confusing journey. But shout out to Alia Shawkat I love her freckled ass put her in good shit that I can care about, not that Search Party mess on TBS okay thankx <3
-I'm screaming, but why was the photo George Michael had on his phone for his dad in his contacts (why would u construct this sentence like this) him asking "Her?"? Why--how would George Maharis even get that pic lol laughs for days, Arrested Development! Laughs for days...
-But GOB was not this hot before, right? Aint these white bois supposed to be getting uglier as they spoil? Will Arnett out here looking like Krave jerky, but I am buying it. lolnojk that shit mad expensive do I look like I'm made of candy beans??!!
-BEES?!?!
-Do you know I used to have, like, some weird crush on Ron Howard? This was back in my days thinking that gingers were attractive. Dark times. But anyway, is he in the illuminati? Also, how come he never works with Bryce? Is he a hater? I'm getting hater teas. Like, Bryce coulda played his daughter in the show instead of Isla Fischer who is not even a Great Value Amy Adams, but like...some fucking dirty store in Australia that sells dingo protectors for babies. And it's like, no thanks! We don't even have dingos in America. I think. Anyway, this Rebel Alley storyline is weak but I feel like I'll have to keep seeing it next season? Great :')
-We're never doing that Rita storyline again, right? Please don't.
-I need like, WAY MORE Argyle Austero. I had to look up who plays him and the internet told me something called Tommy Tune. Is that...is that this person's birth name? I want to die, and meet him. No, I need to meet him. I am so upset Prince died before I could meet his physical form and have him scratch at me with something covered in glitter, but Tommy Tune is still alive and I need it! He's one of those mad tan, suspicious-looking Jeff Goldblumy type white people and YOU KNOW that's my fave type of White™! Please. PLEASE! 
-Naming a character Debris...is like.......the funniest thing I have ever seen. I don't even know if it's that actually inherently funny in like a scientific way, but every time they said her name I felt like pooping. So, like, more Debris? Just so characters will keep saying her name?? Please.
-I was dying @ GM having never met Lucille 2 or even knowing whom she is. Will their paths finally collide? Next week on Dragon Ball Z 
-What were those random scenes that looked green-screened? They were awkwardly placed. Like when Lucille 2 was at Lucille 1's trial and they were arguing. Or Lucille 1 doing her audition for Tobias' play. Or that awkward mess with George Michael punching his daddy in the face? That last one I get, but...do you really need green screen for that? Mikey Cera can't fake punch? You know, maybe not. But speaking of this, what's gonna pop auf next season? This seas with Michael invading GM's space at college was so funny. This was maybe the worst I've ever seen Michael and I am living. I hope this show just makes him worse and worse, because it's the best and best. But why is George Michael salty? Didn't his dad steal his bae before? That teach? And he even pushed up on Maeby a few times lol so he should be used to this by now cum on.
-Wait but why on every episode did it say Michael Cera as ~*~consulting producer~*~? I feel like there's an unintentionally funny explanation and I NEED IT.
-There wasn't enough Buster. Will there be more Buster next season? I will just pretend Tony Hale was super-busy filming Veep, a show that wasn't cancelled and didn't have to get moved to Netflix with their suspicious, unreliable ass algorithms :) And that's why there wasn't as much of him :) But there better be much of him next seaz :) Or else :)



---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey