Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I think I hated how Matthew Weiner wrapped up Mad Men??

1. I hate everything. Hating is like a fucking hobby for me at this point, so maybe I just hated it...because I had to. Because I'm essentially Bane at this point in my life? But like with a healthy sprinkling of The Joker thrown in?? Like I just want to watch the world burn and also hello darkness my old friend. Wow, can you believe how terrible Ben Affleck will be as Batman like what is Hollywood doing omg have you seen promo posters for Suicide Squad jesus fucking kill me

2. Mad Men officially ended idk how long ago but I only just a few days ago finished watching the episodes. Because it wasn't a priority. What was a priority? Old episodes of The Life & Times of Tim on YouTube???? Like omg all of them are there! ugh watch they get pulled now i am so d u m b


So I really liked Mad Men, possibly even loved it. I didn't watch it when it first premiered, like 98% of people. It was getting a bunch of hype and I'm a sheep so I decided to binge the first seaz on Netflix and I was like "yeah boy!" and was pretty hooked ever since. It's definitely been my jam for a minute and I'm a little sad to see it go, but it ended at a good time, I think. Though...ugh. The way it was ended. Smh. 

Over the years, I guess just from getting older, I started to notice how like heavy-handed and obvious Mad Men could be. Like what metaphors golly gosh, you know? After Don's 1 millionth fucking speech I was like...alright. Smh @ Megan. Smh @ the story of some lame middle-aged white dude being made to seem super existential and like deep and stuff. Lol. Why were there like a lot of side characters I didn't care about who got a ton of screentime??? Why was every single one of Don's ~~paramours~~ totally insignificant except you could tell Matt Weiner didn't realize they were??? Like...just the more I watched over the years, the more problems I noticed about the show. Like: am I supposed to hate Betty??? lol when she was one of the few common-sense having characters on the show??? lollolol. And how many fucking Bobbys were there??? I mean!! Why didn't you just Judy Winslow his ass?? Like he could not have been more irrelevant and what is that other kid's name??? The smaller blonde one? Whose son was he again? Also is he a she? Is he or she's name Trinny??? 

Wait - what was my point? Sigh. I think I was saying that I loved Mad Men but that I started noticing faults over time and blah blah blah okay but what does--I guess I was trying to do some lead-in to complain about the messy way Weiner ended the series??? Sigh I'll just talk about all the individual ways he fucked up each major character and no I don't include that nigga with the eyepatch as a major character like what is his name and why wasn't he killed off circa the Duck years. Also, who is Duck???


-Pete

Um. I really loved Pete all the way through the series and I can't believe Kartheiser was never nominated for any major acting awards like didn't fucking January Jones get nominated at least once? WHAT THE FUCK. 

I...didn't like Pete's ending. I mean I guess I should be happy for him? But his ending rang false. Like, really? The fairytale ending for Pete fucking Campbell? lol okay. Why the fuck would cute ass Trudy, who could get any nigga and/or bitch, take him back?? There's literally no reason. He is not cute or charming and his hairline should be submitted to scientists posthumously for fucking research. Like wow I love Pete but only as a character who is a fucking mess and horrible and the worst and never says anything good and didn't he rape a chick at least once on the show??? And did or did not Trudy know about it????? OKAAAAAAAAAY IF YOU SAYYYY SOOOOO MATTHEW WEINER YOU FANTASY FUCKING FULFILLING PIECE :) OF :) SHIT:)


-Betty/Sally/Glen

Let's talk about the three worst actors of all time/this series/life. And how awkward, because Betty and Glen are two of my favorites lol. CAN WE TALK ABOUT WHEN GLEN WALKED THROUGH THAT DOOR AND I WAS LIKE TO MYSELF ALONE IN THE DARK "LOL IS THAT GLEN?" LIKE I WAS MAKING A JOKE TO MYSELF BECAUSE HOW COULD THAT LANKY, WEIRD-HEADED MESS BE GLEN AND THEN IT TURNED OUT TO ACTUALLY BE GLEN AND I THREW UP IN MY LAP. And that whole exchange with him and Betty - actually, both exchanges. S c r e a m i n g. I hate Matthew Weiner - like way to do nepotism the actual worstest, secretly bestest way. Also, Glen is totally dying in the war, right? Like, there's no way he'd survive. Or, no, okay. He'd either die super horribly and immediately from some accident probably he caused, or, he'd go through the whole war without a scratch and then come home and get stung by a bee and Thomas J-style die from that. I called it and plz give me a Glen spinoff this isn't a fucking joke.

Right. So fuck Matt Weiner for giving Betty cancer. I seriously thought her arc was going to end with that weird goodbye scene with Glen and I laughed because how dumb to conclude a character like that but wait there are dumber, lazier ways - I KNOW! CANCER!! :DDDDD!!!!! Like, eyeroll. I'm happy that the message was very anti-smoking, as this is an #antismokingblog all the way, but I really feel it was more about Matt Weiner feeling like he needed to punish Betty? For being perfect and always having great hair, I guess? Sigh

And so I guess Sally will end up having to watch after her brothers forever? Because like obviously Henry is useless and who knows about this aunt and uncle. Like ugh she was going to Spain and now her mom is dying and her dad is going to become like one of those creepy yoga cult leaders and the cycle starts anew, I guess??? I hate this show. But also let's just talk about how Kiernan can't act and I'm gonna need for ppl to stop acting like she can okay thankx this is a pro bully underage girls trying their best blog. 


-Roger 

Was I ever like fully invested in Roger? No. He was charming, I guess? And John Slattery is hot, so...that was nice...to have. But had he been killed off at any point, I would've been entirely fine. I liked his ending, though. Lol his was like the only one. He deserves Marie, and I mean that in like...I guess there's a bad way to say someone deserves someone and a good way and...I mean both. Can we talk about how cute Julia Ormond is and why the fuck isn't she in more shit? Like she slayed in Legends where the fuck is her career??? And she's totally ready for ~*~older women~*~ parts like has anyone fucking seen Temple Grandin? Has anyone seen her in this I mean come on get that Julianna Margulies bitch out of my face and replace her with Smilla's Sense of Snow like honestly Hollywood is so wrong about everything


-Joan

My babe!! Joan slayed til the end, which is good. I feel like this show tried to come for Joan on multiple occasions, but they failed every time. Good. I took issue with her beau played by my beau Bruce Greenwood just dipping on her because she wanted to start a business. I honestly don't believe he would've just left like that??? Like, who would leave Joan??? Come on. But O K A Y WHAT EV E R YOU S A Y. I liked that she was getting her new production company up immediately and I also liked that she did it without Peggy because Joan didn't need Peggy and also their fake-ass, frenemy-ish relationship doesn't seem like it'd be a good idea to turn it into a business one. So...I guess I liked Joan's ending? With the exception of Bruce Greenwood leaving lol because in what fucking world. Also can we talk about how Joan's mom had no screentime in the last eps? I thought the actress who played her maybe died or something but there she was in the finale and I screamed lol. I don't even care about her, it was just weird to me that the babysitter got more screentime than this bitch. Like - doesn't the mom take care of Joan's kid full-time lol why couldn't she have been the one...--LIKE JOAN CALLED HER FROM THE HOTEL WHY WASN'T THERE A CUT TO HER LIKE WHEN JOAN CALLED THE SITTER AND THERE WAS A CUT TO THE SITTER?????? So bizarre. Only to me though probably siiigh


-Peggy

Remember when I hated Peggy so much and now I have no idea why??? Like I can't even really remember that time of my life when I hated Peggy like that shit was my fucking job. All I remember is fat suit and baby bangs, maybe??? But I definitely did hate her, and then...idk what season it was...but it was the episode that ended with Peggy riding that bike around the set of a commercial she was working on?? I remembering being like "ugh, don't make me like this bitch" and then like immediately falling in love with her right after thinking that. I wonder if my reaction to her--like, did the show mean for it to be like that? Because she was so...idk, meek and small and annoying and irksome in the beginning when she was just like a secretary and getting knocked up by Pete. Then Donald took her under his wing and she started moving up in the company and becoming more of her own woman and I just fell in love. But lowkey I sort of hate myself for...hating the powerless version of Peggy who gave up her baby and was forced to endure acting scenes with Colin Hanks. Idk, but I'm glad I fell in love with her and that she became my fave and I'm glad this show wrote this really great woman character even though a lot of times I had to eyeroll at her like getting mad at another bitch getting flowers, etc. - but whatever, for the most part she was amazing and give Elisabeth Moss every award. Don't make the mistake of not :) haha :) don't fuck up :))) 

All that being said: WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING FOR HER????!?!? THAT ROMCOM BULLSHIT TRASH ASS ENDING?!?!?!?

Stan and Peggy were friends! NONONONOONONONONONOOONONONO TO THEM GETTING TOGETHER PLEASE KILLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE. omg when Peggy was on the phone like fucking talking herself into believing she was in love with Stan - GAG!! And Stan confessing his love for her - THAT WAS THE LEAST BELIEVABLE FUCKING PERFORMANC EI WANT TO MS SJ RKRMKRISM CSCREAMIN. Omg and when he walked in on her typing and he like--sorry real quick I had to throw up in the mouth of these baby birds I stole--kissed her on her fucking forehead. Peggy looked sick to her fucking stomach BUT OKAY WHATEVEVEVRVR YOU SAYAYYYYYYYYYY MATHTHTHREW WEINERRRRRR YOU FUCKING FLOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP 


-Don

Sigh. Idk. lol. Don was always the most pretentious character and I had a lot of fun eyerolling at all his shenanigans. Don is sort of a really passive character, right? Like he just sleepwalked from one situation to the next. He has no identity, so that makes sense. It's such a weird character to have as the protagonist for a show. It's like you never really get inside, which I think was the point of him??? Or at least one of the points??? Also it seems like, during the era in which this show depicts, there were probably a lot of Dons - all these dudes and some women entering the working world with these completely false identities trying to make a name for themselves/seek their fortunes. And obviously this was the pre-internet age, so no one could pull up cached screenshots of deleted racist Tweets or anything like that, so it was the perfect time for fake ass bitches and niggas. But anyway, despite not having any real idea who Don is, and always sort of wanting him to reveal major things about himself, though he never really did, I liked Don. I thought he was a dick and piece of shit and don't get people who idolized him, but I liked him as a character. Also really loved Jon Hamm in the role and definitely give him all the awards. Is it true he never won an Emmy lol who the fuck cares about the Emmy's don't they do musical numbers for no reason?? Like didn't they do one with Jimmy Fallon??? Like an award show that has a musical number is trash and irrelevant like why are you singing and dancing fucking hand out these ugly statues and get this shit over with wtf 

Don's ending...wasssssssssss............w..w.w.w.w..w.w........lol. I liked when he was hugging that man who said he felt invisible. I thought it was funny because I felt the tension in the room of everyone thinking "um....sit down...". But while I was laughing at that, I started to cry because it was sad and you could tell Don's no identity having ass related to this dude and I was like :(((((. I felt like Don's story should have ended there but then they...added in that bit with him doing yoga????? And it made me think he'd turn into that dude who created Bikram Yoga and like rapes all his students and what the fuck is hot yoga tbh it sounds like you deserve whatever happens to you if you sign up for some shit like that. But anyway, I wasn't into the yoga thing. And I hated how Weiner thought he was throwing someone a bone by having a final Peggy/Don conversation OVER THE FUCKING PHONE. THEY WEREN'T EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM. smh wtf. get the fuck outta here with that mess, ugh. AND I HATE HOW PEGGY WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT DON AND SHE LIKE CALLED STAN AND HE'S LIKE OMG JUST GET OVER THAT NIGGA AND THEN THEY HAD THAT GROSS LOVE CONFESSIONAL BULLSHIT SCENE LIKE SHE JUST IMMEDIATELY FORGOT ABOUT DON I HAAAAATTTTE THIS SHOWWWWWW. And wtf was that Coca-Cola ad...at the end? I was like...oh, right, this show was about advertising lol. I want some Burger Chef. Does that actually exist? It sounds gross but, like, novel. You know what I mean? I'll consume any product that comes across as novel, no matter how shitty it seems/probably is. I imagine the packaging is like...simple design aesthetic with big blocky letters and there's a chef's hat on like an MS Paint clipart jpeg of a burger????? ...Please give me that Glen spinoff I'm not being ironic I really want it :/



                          NVR4GT GINSBERG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey