Sunday, August 23, 2015

Rapture (1965)


So what is with Patricia Gozzi and these movies where she's like eight years old having romances with grown ass dudes?? Hm?? Okay, no, there's like two of them. But, straight-up, more than zero movies where a grown dude fucks a little girl is zero too many, you feel me?!!?

She doesn't fuck Hardy Krüger in Sundays and Cybele, right? They just...like...cuddle or something equally as gross but not as illegal?? Fine. BUT SHE DEFINITELY FUCKS OL' BOY IN RAPTURE. She and Dean Stockwell DEFINITELY HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. And the whole time I'm like "lol how old is she...?" Only to have it be vaguely revealed towards the end of the film that she's only like fifteen or some shit, right? Or am I confusing her character's age for how old Patricia the actress was?? Idk, but it's fucking suspicious. Like even if Agnes is eighteen in the movie (which I doubt), she's still clearly...like...not totally all there in the head. So it's messed up, and instead of thinking this shit is beautiful or romantic you just made me think Dean Stockwell was mad creepy. I was fine with him murdering a dude, but statutory rape sort of crosses the line. But definitely not being explicit about Agnes' age totally helped, so good on! 

Anyway! Rapture concerns the story of a man and his loco daughter and their caretaker living in some house and then some sexy, like, criminal on-the-lam interrupts their stale little lives and all hell breaks loose, but that was bound to happen anyway, whether Dean Stockwell rolled through or not. Melvyn Douglas plays the daddy and it's weird seeing him in a movie where his daughter is like, ultra-French. And then the caretaker, played by Gunnel Lindblom, has her Swedish accent and Melvyn's just shuffling about like some WWI war vet or something - idk, it was just a weird juxtaposition of different...like nationalities all thrown together. And Melvyn Douglas is so stodgy. How did he even meet Agnes' mom, who I'm assuming was French and like cool and beautiful? Maybe during war times so he seemed appealing to her in his like uniform with some medals on it and shit? I guess! But then even when Frederick is talking about Agnes' mom he straight-up says she never loved him. I guess ol' boy used to be monied up, because there's no other reason why Agnes' cool French mom would have been interested in stuffy ass, sweater-wearing Frederick, let's keep it real!! 

Frederick has two daughters, right? In the beginning one is getting married off and then we never see her again. Cool. Agnes is the younger one, and she is, I guess, a lunatic? Like, I don't get what Agnes' thing was. She was very immature-seeming. However, the movie doesn't give you an age for her, so it's hard to gauge, like, how off she really is. Like, is she just ~French~~ and ~*~carefree~~ but she has this very Republican-seeming American dad who's like, YOU NEED TO BE LOCKED UP AND CONTROLLED!! NO YOU CAN'T HAVE A SCARECROW!!? Idk. She definitely seemed like, too immature for someone who looked at least teenage-age. Too, like, temper-tantury or something. Like the thing with the scarecrow. How...she genuinely was talking to it like it was real? And then she thought it came to life in the form of Dean Stockwell??? Hmm @ you, Agnes. Hmm @ you. Also how she reacted when she caught Gunnel and Dean making out in that shed. Like, she legit was trying to murder Gunnel with that shovel. That is not...totally normal behavior. And then when she went off with Dean and he gave her his whole paycheck to go find a room for them to live in and she ended up...throwing all the money away?? She was, at least, entirely incompetent of taking care of herself, which I guess it like one of the big symptoms of being a loon??? I don't know, I really wish whatever was wrong with her was more clearly explained. I am the sort of person who needs things completely spelled out for me - give me a diagnosis!! It's weird I don't love the ending to Psycho where the whole plot is entirely explained in some long, horrible monologue by that doctor. That's like one of the worst movie endings I have ever seen, and yet, that's exactly the sort of ending I need for almost every movie I see. Hmm. 

Anyway, here are some screenshots I took of the movie that I will comment on and it won't be an analysis of the plot or anything I'll prob just talk about how pockmarks on dudes are really sexy or something horrible and disgusting like that :')

I'm screaming. That shit was so. fucking. funny. when he threw her doll. It was mad unnecessary. However, I got my entire fucking life. So, thanks. Thanks for that. 

yo
This shit is mad scary. I guess--ha--I guess that's why they call it a scarecrow haha. Ha...

The funny thing about this^ scene was Agnes kept glancing back at it while she was changing her clothes or something. Almost as if the scarecrow was...watching her get dressed...and she liked it???? Oh, girl...

Dean Stockwell is soooo cute!! Please!! Look at his eyebrows!! Wait - but where am I getting pockmarks from? In my head he has like these baby acne scars. Like, baby Edward James Olmos cheeks. However, I see zero of that here?? Hmmm. Whatever, still cute. But also a murderer and statutory rapist - never forget. I mean, he was in the movie. And also, let's be honest, probably in real life. They all are. The whites. But so cute!!!!!

Agnes staring at What'shisface was super creepy but also really cuWHAT THE FUCK IS THAT DOLL?!!?!?

THIS WAS BEFORE THEY EVER FUCKED. I should've known they were going to get down to business just based off this^. WHY ARE THEIR FACES SO CLOSE? This was like the first night Dean turned up at the house. Literally he like washed up at their house in a rainstorm and they picked his wet stranger body up and like put him in one of their beds???? Smh, white people, like. YOU DON'T KNOW THIS DUDE!!!! But like, they knew he was a criminal?????? And then later he's like stealing money from Frederick and Freddie is all "Why didn't you just ask?!" Cuz he's a criminal, dummy. Well, to be fair, he just murdered a guy, which is in a different category than thief, but, like, if you can kick up the courage enough to straight-up end a dude's life, what's snatching a few schillings or whatever the currency was in this vaguely set movie? WHERE DOES THIS MOVIE TAKE PLACE? Up your fucking ass, that's where!

HE'S SO CUTE LOOK! Was this when he was watching Agnes like writhe around (sexily??) on the floor? 

...yep... And the whole time Dean is so bemused by her. I never thought he'd have sex her. I guess he was just like "fuck it" when Gunnel left? But...Gunnel asked him to go with her and he didn't? Was it cuz he was afraid of getting caught by the police, or did he legit wanna stay with Agnes and her father in their creepy, sad house? Lol, def it was cuz he was afraid of getting snatched by the police. And so he's stuck on this island with these two freaks and he's like - okay, I have to fuck somebody, who's it gonna be: the crazy child woman, or, like, her dad and his sweaters? I'd choose Agnes, too, ngl. Melvyn Douglas is just not fucking doing it for me. Agnes and her never-washed sweater dress, however, unfortunately, is. SIGH.

When they were frolicking on the beach it was sort of cute :/

But thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :/

Dean like diving over the cliffs to escape the cops WAS SO LIKE WHEN MELVYN TOSSED AGNES' DOLL OVER THE CLIFF AND IT LANDED ALL BROKEN. DEAN IS AGNES' DOLL. AND ALSO THE SCARECROW??? 

Idk, anyway, it was really sad? Like I make fun of this movie, but it was sad. And sort of good? Like eventho a grown man fucked a child and Melvyn wore those sweaters - I...had a good time? Well, not a good time. But it was an intriguing watch, and I would recommend...others watch...it...too. Lol, this is not that sort of blog. 10/10 would recommend Eger and RpoerT!! Who do I think I am - Pauline Kael? If she's dead, then, I wish. (I wish I was dead, I mean.) (That's me being the doctor dude at the end of Psycho explaining things to your simple, non-absorbent ass brain.) 


1 comment:

Hey