Monday, May 9, 2016

Master of None, seas 1

Hmmm, I liked this. It's funny. I think at first I was watching it like...this shit is dryyyyy. Being mad judgmental hella early on lol. Like, five minutes in. But I was eventually won over as the first episode went on. And got all hyped like okay! more episodes! I didn't feel how I felt when I watched Kimmy Schmidt, thoPrimarily because there's no Titus. The closest thing to Titus here is...Arnold? Can we talk about how I love Tim & Eric and their whole...thing? Maybe. I like Tim more, actually. But Eric Wareheim is probably my fave thing about this show, so it's okay he's not Tim this time. Like just him and that Seal buddy thing is all I'll ever need in life. Hmmm, maybe I need to make some changes... Like get.......my life together...

...

My other fave character on the show is Denise!! I like that she's like this tall ass, sort of deep-voiced, sarcastic lesbian. Fun for me. Is she a little token-y tho? Like, yes. Eventho the star of the show is Indian.......Aziz is basically just like...a very tan white. I mean, Father John Misty?? Naming a show after a Beach House song??????? Come on. So yeah Denise is a little tokeny not just for the blackness but for the lesbianess. And then being kind of..................extra lol. But she's my fave. Like every time there's no Denise I'm like "Where's Denise?". Wait, so who's my fave: Denise or Arnold?

My fave is H. Jon Benjamin, NO MATTER WHAT. EVEN IF HE WASN'T IN THE SHOW, MY FAVORITE IS JOHN H. BENJAMIN WHICH WAY DO YOU SPELL IT?! WAIT I THINK IT'S JON. WHAT DOES THE H STAND FOR? I BET HIS NAME IS A JOKE. LIKE HE TOOK THE H OUT OF JOHN AND JUST PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE. I'M SAD I STOPPED WATCHING ARCHER AND BOB'S BURGERS LOL BUT AFTER A CERTAIN POINT IT WAS LIKE OKAY, I GET IT

Mmm you know I almost take back what I said about thinking the show was funny and getting won over because weren't the last handful of episodes just about Dev and....sigh, Rachel's ugly little relationship? 

lol okay should I talk about Dev? Let's talk about Aziz. Aziz...can't act. Idk how I feel about Aziz, overall. Some of his stand-up is funny. I haven't seen the more recent ones about...love and relationships because............................I am...afraid lol. Idk what that mess is going to be, but the stuff I have seen is pretty...funny enough. It's Donald Glover stand-up from an Indian-American perspective which is just white people comedy with some references about being whatever cookie with a cream filling goes with your particular aesthetic. I did not...care about Tom on Parks & Rec. The suits and DJ Roomba all that....was annoying. But Parks & Rec in gen was annoying to me and I don't get the fascination. Thanks for Ron Swanson and Jean-Ralphio, tho, obvi. I'm not a complete monster :) loljk :'D

Anyway, Aziz can't act lol. He's like the same in everything. The only time he was...intriguing to me was in Funny People, right? He was playing that annoying ass Raaaaaaaaandy dude or whatever? Funny People is lowkey underrated, no? I mean, Judd Apatowness is annoying af at this point, but that movie kind of did things anyway why can't I focus, hmm? I WANT TO FOCUS ON DISPARAGING AZIZ. I'VE BEEN WAITING TO DO THIS FOR SO LONG PLEEEEASSE!! 

You know what I just got randomly annoyed about? John Mulaney's sitcom being whack af. Lol like. I have never been so inappropriately angry in my life. That shit was trash!! I'm so upset WHY WOULD U DO THIS?!?!?

Okay anyway lol. Aziz is funny..............ish. But he can't act, so...like, when the show got away from just being funny to...those horrid scenes with just him and Noël, and it was more serious...it didn't hold up. Never mind the fact that I didn't care about Dev's relationship with Rachel. Like a one night stand...should stay that way? I felt awkward when the show was tryna make me think their shit was cute? Were they trying to do that idk because then they had the relationship getting awkward and...like, they didn't know if they were sure about each other. But I was just like sigh @ the whole thing. It was mad passionless and bye @ Noël Wells. But they had Nina Arianda on the show playing an annoying bitch, and while I loved her performance and character lol, she's a wayyyyyy more intriguing actress, so it annoyed me to see her wasted on that. Like why can't the gf character be played by the interesting actresses? Noël Wells is not interesting. So not only do you have kind of bland Aziz...but then you have...even blander Noël?? And like, you expect me to care about this relationship and have whole episodes about it? Um, okay. But at the same time I can see how they match. Nina playing opposite Aziz as a legitimate love interest? Lol no1 would buy that. You'd be looking @ that shit like...wwwhyyyy would she want to be with him? Was that rude? God I hope so.

Despite my many complaints...I still want to watch another season lol. But I'm not dying for it. I doooo need more Arnold and Denise, tho. And Benjahmin no j. I mean...I guess I could go back to watching Archer and BB?? Sigh, I could. And if I want more Eric I could watch that Father and Son sequence again? I mean, I have already seen that mess a million times already, but what's a million and one more? No but I really need to gain control of my life :) Please help me :')

eta: I'm screaming I can't find Father and Son anYWHERE ONLINE WHY DOES THAT BITCH GOD H8 ME SO?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey