Monday, June 13, 2016

Peep Show, Series 1

So I've made some more mistakes. I decided I'll...try to recap the entire series of Peep Show! It's like completely obvious I have so much to live for :')

I'm rewatching all the episodes on Netflix. This is my first time not watching it on Youtube. Why am I disclosing this information idk I am so alone. Anyway, I am already on series 3, so I almost totally forgot what happened in series 1. Lemme look @ the episode titles to refresh my ugly, dusty ass memory! 

e1: "Warring Factions" (Mark being harassed by those street kids. They call him pedo and "clean shirt". Mark wishes death on them so he can leave his apartment. Ends the episode chasing them with a metal pole. Oh, and at some point creepily doesn't move his hand when Sophie sits down on it when they're riding the bus. Classic first eppy). 

e2: "The Interview" (uh? Is this the one where Mark applies for that managing position or something but doesn't get it, Sophie does? So he pees on Barbara's shit? First REAL sign Mark is not proper and should be sectioned. Wait, why wasn't him chasing those kids with a metal pole the first sign?????)

e3: "On the Pull" (NO IDEA!!) (But it's so funny I don't remember any of Jez's storylines. He's such a floater and has no weight lol. I love Jez but literally everything involving Toni I want to forget. Maybe not "burn me in the bath". Classic Jez! :/)

e4: "Mark Makes a Friend" (Johnson is my heart and soul I love him so much lol. All the faces he makes and just the way Paterson Joseph delivers his lines is so iconic and wonderful. I also love Mark legit considering the homosexual life because he fancies Johnson so much. I can use British terminology because I'm talking about a British show thanx!! I really relate to Mark in this episode because he doesn't have a solid hold on whatever his sexuality is. What is that quote he says? He's bi-curious but basically non-curious? No! It's like really good but I forgot it and ruined it!! I jezzed it. Anyway, someone rip my eyeballs out!!) (Oh also I felt really bad for Jez in this episode. Like when he was about to have a breakdown at that weird fast-food sushi place and Mark is speculating whether or not Jez'll kill himself, then he says he'll tell people he auto-erotic asphyxiated to cover for it? Mark is insane and a bad friend but so is Jez they deserve each other how dare Mark try to glow-up and better his life by becoming Johnson's toyboy?? I don't think so, sweetie:)!)

e5: "Dream Job" (Oh shit wait no this was the ep Mark tried to get that manager's job, no? And maybe "The Interview" was when Mark was trying to get Jez a job? And he went in to interview with Barbara and bunked it?? You know when I first watched this show I was under the impression Mark and Jez were just roommates. Like, they just found each other on whatever the Brit version of Craigslist is (is it Craigslist??). Because their relationship is so...something lol. It kind of reminds me of Jake and Amir kill me. But like how they met at work and Jake doesn't like Amir but over the course of the series they kind of form this horrible, toxic ass co-dependent relationship? That's kind of what I assumed Mark and Jez's sitch was. Like they met off Craigslist, moved in, didn't really get on because they're not alike, but kind of overtime figured they are alike? Like they both are unhinged and pathetic at heart and that sort of ultimately bonded them?? Anyhow, I thought it was weird when I found out they like kind of grew up together? Or at least did uni together and formed some horrible friendship there and for some reason decided to live together after graduating?? Lol okay. And then Jez used to be a nurse? Maybe he was more together back then? Idk, their relationship is super-disturbing and very confusing. But I guess it makes sense because when you look at either Mark or Jez it's like - who else would be friends with them? Besides like Super Hans and... But anyway it's just weird to me how Jez just lives with Mark...and is kind of his sugar baby?? Lol, like. We must discuss this! Jez never pays for anything!! And remember when he ate Mark's sausage on his bday?? Mark is like beyond simp. A nigga is not paying another nigga's bills unless he is 1,000% in homo love with him, and them's facts!!)

What  am i               doing

e6: "Funeral" (Jez's uncle dies. Mark's creepy ass invites Sophie to his funeral sigh. Jez gets a sympathy hand-job from Toni because he tells her he may have the gene for the disease that killed his uncle and only has three months to live or something? These are horrible, wretched ass individuals, and I just am relating a little bit too much! Series 2 time!!!!! :/)

Sigh this post isn't over. I took some screenshots. I didn't take as much this series as I have ended up doing with the other series. I have like no space on my ipad for this mess idkwtf imma do :/

I would almost critique the way women are written on this show if 1. Mark and Jez weren't just as horrible if not worse and 2. if it were not basically told from their perspective. So we're seeing any character how Mark and Jez see them, pretty much. So I'll let it slide mostly!! I can't decide how I ultimately feel about Toni. I think out of all the women roles on the show, maybe she got the best one? Not sure. I mean, not best in terms of her character being portrayed in any sort of okay light lol, but it's a pretty meaty role, and she gets to be funny and interesting. That being said: I never want to see this crazy bitch open-eyed kissing on Jez again jesus.

I was trying to capture how crazy Mark's eyes are. Or David Mitchell's, I guess. He has the creepiest, like, bugged-out black orbs. That shit is chilling. These pics don't capture their eeriness properly. It's better (worse) in motion.

Toni judging Jez eating at that food place was hilarious. I completely fucking forget her ICONIC dragging of him verbatim but she basically said how "all you can eat" has no implied competitive element. And tbh, I beg to differ. But it was still funny.

lol I'm so annoyed I didn't have the subtitles on for Mark getting "therapized". God, it was so relatable. Do I want to relate to Mark? NO!! BUT I DO!! I am in so...much pain. Anyway I think this cap is from when he was doing word association or something? Lol. Mark is so...disturbed. His answers real and fake were a mess. I really loved how he asked what his score was and the therapist was like it's not scored and Mark was like "sure". That is sooo me. They totally give you tests in therapy and if you pass you're okay and if you fail you're not - don't lie to me!! 

lol this was after Mark and Jez had fucking harassed Sophie at her home and she fucking shot some bebe gun type thing at them and Mark got that knot on his head. Never mind them jumping over that wall and Mark stomping a dog to death (???!!!) and then going over to Super Hans' to pepper spray him but Mark ended up spraying Jez?? Then Mark shows up at therapy like "Okay, enough careers counseling, therapy now" and I just...die. It's beautiful. It's crazy tho...was Mark not sent to "careers counseling" for peeing on Barbara's shit? That's...all that happens? Did you urinate...on someone's items at work??? And they just sent you to have your "career" analyzed? Well, maybe it works. You don't hear too much about Brits shooting up offices and what not. But tbh, I don't pay attention to anything that happens across the pond, and that's real talk. I barely pay attention to wtf happens over here in Donald Trumpland, so.

Idk, this is just like an iconic image to me. I would like a Renaissance-esque rendering of it. Or maybe someone can paint-by-number watercolor it for me? Please send these items to: degrassirulez@gmail.com, thank u. 

Legendary. Look at those teeth. God, I love Brit teeth. So spacey and messy and beige. I am describing my teeth :/ I like to see people with my teeth on TV, thanks!!! Thank you!!

lol this was after Jez got the news his uncle died, right? Mark is so me. I'd totally be awkwardly looking back and forth at the TV and to Jez while terribly trying hard to feign sympathy, ie: mimic human emotions robot compute. 


bae <3

Wait lol why did I take this pic? Was this when Mark called Johnson dad?? Lol then he tried to play it off by making it seem like he said "daddy-o"? Mark, how is that better? Lol and didn't Johnson say it back but kind of sarcastic and full of disgust?? This show makes my chest hurt.

This is in my Top 5 fave moments of the show? Maybe Top 3. There are a lot so I don't want to speak too soon, lol, but Johnson's response to Mark being "in love" with him is so...iconic. I love how Johnson is a robot like Mark but a different version? Like a together version. Mark's robot has mad glitches. His robot is like that Twitter bot that became a white supremacist. Johnson is like that Japanese robot that can tell you the exact date of your death. Idk if that even actually exists, but prob. Anyway, I need to meet that made-up robot. I would like to plan what I'm wearing the day I die. I want it to be a flesh-colored bodysuit. But I don't want to buy it too ahead of time. You can't just be chilling with a flesh-colored bodysuit in your closet. You'll wear that on you when you're walking about. People will be able to sense it on you, that you own a flesh-colored bodysuit. I want to get the bodysuit like the day of my death, so I don't have to carry that energy around with me longer than absolutely necessary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey