Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Inbetweeners


I used to think this show was wayyyy funnier than it actually is. It's still funny to me, hence why I re-binged on the whole series and the movies a week ago, but it's not as, like, revolutionary to me now as it was to me back when I first ~discovered~ it. Which was about 2009. I was young and dumb. Also I think I found this show before I did Peep Show, which I'm currently rewatching for the 12th million fucking time. The Inbetweeners is kind of lite-Peep Show. To me, anyway. Will is literally Mark but...more...Arabian? Lol is Will legit Arab? Why aren't his parents? I guess his mom could be a little?? Anyway, he's ~swarthy~ and sexy. I'm glad I maintained my lust for Will eventho I fell off from thinking this show was super-funny, and that's all you can really ask for from life. To keep thinking some weird, geek British dood who thinks he's smarter than he is because he wears glasses and looks like someone they'd invite on one of those panel shows is attractive. What's happening? Idk, please help.

Remember when Justin Bieber wanted to be on the show? Or like he wanted a cameo in one of the movies or something? And that was like a news story. That was kind of...indicative of the actual quality of the show, imo. The fact that he even knew about the show (because how obscure, right? ugh) was just like...it was too popular to really be that good. Which is the most obnoxious fucking shit to say but...tbh if a lot of people like something it's because it appeals to a lot of people. Nothing really good appeals to a lot of people, because most people are crucially dumb and have absolutely no taste or brains. However, The Inbetweeners is at least on the high-end side of popular shit. Which is maybe the second fucking douchiest shit to ever be written. No tbh the douchiest shit are those meems about "glo-ing up" to get revenge on your "haters" for...not liking you because you're ugly and you suck? Also one time on Tumblr I read this post where a woman was like humble-bragging about getting this man's attention eventho he was with his girl and his girl was giving the Tumblr blogger angry looks and the Tumblr blogger was like "IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M SO HOT, BITCH" or something really pathetic like that? So anything I've written doesn't even come close in comparison to that. And look, Justin Beiber will never try to get a cameo on my blog, so who's the loser now???!


So anyway!! *cries* This show is funny but also kind of dumb. I really love dumb-funny stuff. So that's all fine, but some dumb-funny stuff is like wayyy superior to other dumb-funny stuff?? The Inbetweeners is in the middle (ha...) on a scale of like...White Chicks to American Dad. Try to decide which one I think is superior dumb-funny and which one is inferior dumb-funny. Anyway, The Inbetweeners is in the middle of that scale, alongside stuff like...It's Always Sunny in Philly. It's in that league to me. The League would be closer to White Chicks, tho. Stop this please!! 

Please please help me. While I wait for someone to rescue me from hell and the like, maybe I'll talk about the characters. Who's my fave? Lowkey Jay. He's so sad and a ponze (that's British slang, no?), but I love him. I think? He's so ugly and unacceptable at first but over the course of the series and the movies...he stays exactly in that lane lol. But he grows on me. Like...a wart, I guess. But ugh @ him in the first movie being embarrassed of that fat girl. And what was up...with her being into him? Lol what self-esteem, like. But Jay is so sad like his whole life and his family and the caravan club and all of that lol. But why do the boys hang with Jay? Well, Simon and Neil? Will is kind of just there for Simon mostly?? And then Simon has Neil and Jay. Like in real life would these people legit be friends? Will is slightly smarter than all three of them, but in the first series he was just desperate to have friends so he latched on? But they kind of made it explicit that he was there mainly for Simon and then Jay and Neil were kind of mates he's grown up with and kept?? But it's like, realistically, wouldn't, after meeting Will, Simon have distanced himself from Jay and Neil? But this is me putting like this random value on the dudes and attributing more value to Will and Simon than Neil and Jay. But who doesn't go about life like that? Arbitrarily assigning number values to people and choosing who to hang with based on if their number matches up close enough to yours?? Everyone does this don't lie to me!! 

Anyway help me, my initial fave character was Will. But after repeated viewings, and also after ~discovering~ way better Will in Mark on Peep Show, he kind of fell out of favor with me. Also Will is kind of a dick? I mean, they all are, but I kind of ignore like Jay and Neil being a dick because they're dumb. You have to be smart to not be a dick. It's learned behavior, no one's just born not a dick! lol 

:(

But anyway can we talk about Will being mean to that tall girl? First of all the main ~hot~ love interests on the show, Carli and Charlotte, are not even cute. Carli looks like that type of girl who'd only be "hot" in eighth grade until everyone pushes past puberty and realizes the wonderments of not being ugly blobs anymore. This is...Britain, tho. Their whites are, to say the least, pretty potato-ish. I mean, most whites (the non-spicy ones, anyway) are, but there's something especially non-special about Brit whites, so I guess I can see why they'd find Carli's big faced ass hot, or Charlotte, who looks two scrapes of hair gel away from being a chav or pikey, and like she'd be the type of person to buy tickets to whatever Katie Price does. All this rudeness is to say that the giant girl was actually cute? And Will, eventho I think he's cute, is like...lame, a dweeb. He talks and walks weird. What part of the game is this where he thinks he's too good for some ten foot tall freak, hmm?? She would blow him for free! He needs to get his head out of his ass! (sorry, arse. Anyway deleet my blog).

Can we talk about how lame Simon is? His character is almost too authentic, tho. I've known a lot of Simons. Black and white; Asian, Latino - it's such a universal lameness. The character is really well-written, I think, just based off how accurate it is lol. Also Joe plays him really well. Wait who's the best actor? If you told me Blake Harrison went to like Oxford or something irl I would chose him as the best actor, cuz Neil is a mess. But I want to say...James Buckley is the best actor of the lot. Maybe. I've seen almost all of them in other things so I'm trying to judge it based off that. Simon Bird was like exactly the same in Friday Night DinnerJoe Thomas was kind of the same on Fresh Meat???; James Buck gave me kind of variation in Charlie Countryman but that movie was bad and he wasn't in it a lot, so?? I saw one episode of Todd Margaret and turned it off so can't judge Blake. Hmmm, anyway, my conclusion is that the best actor is Henry Lloyd-Hughes. Mark is bae and the backbone of this entire series and franchise eventho I don't even think he was in the movies. He was there in spirit. I need to start stalking this dude. He prob be in legit movies, not fucking random twink ass comedy shows where he's basically playing the same exact character he plays in the show oooh drag themmm!! 

Oh shout-out to Mr. Gilbert. You were the funniest bit about the whole show, I think? Every time you shut Will down I cried and died. Thanks. But it's really suss that you let that pedo teacher maintain employment at your school eventho you see him actively attempting to molest students?? Hmm @ u lol but no it's not funny #protectchildren

Also shout-out to that female Neil look-alike in the first movie. They had her acting and talking exactly like him and everything I really got my life from that lol where did they find her does that actually exist was she blake's fucking real life sister bitch i quit

just some pics of baeby

Can we talk about in like the first episode of series 1 I think when Mark is just like "Will I will KILL YOU!"? It's the cutest fucking thing I have ever seen.

I was trying really hard to get a good screenshot of Jay's hair from the first movie. Why is he like this?? 

The dude who plays Jay's Australian uncle in the second movie was completely fucking everything. I wish there was more of him. OMG WHEN JAY SLAPPED HIM PLEEEEEASE THAT SHIT MADE MY FUCKING STOMACH HURT PLELELELEKAMSE!! AND THEN HE LIKE CONGRATULATED JAY ON TRYING TO BREAK FREE FROM HIS PANSY WAYS OR SOMETHING LORD I WAS FUCKIGN CRYING

ugh this dood. Like he was so ugly with those dreads I was screaming he had those dreads Anthony Anderson had in Scary Movie 3, but like bleached and I was honestly cackling. But can we talk about how the hippie stuff was basically just Mark doing that dance class with Sophie in the first ep of series 2 of Peep Show and they complained how he was bringing bad energy to the group??? Okay, I see you, The Inbetweeners. I mean Peep Show lite. When will i un-live?? 

ple  a s e...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey