Friday, June 24, 2016

ENOUGH: Transparent, Season 2

Jesus. Or shalom, whatever.

Off top: this season was not as effectual as the first. Sophomore slump teas, in my opinion. Everyone remained just as awful as ever, and there was no advancement in terms of characterization. Did that sentence make sense? It reads pretentious and try-hard. I'm one of those really dumb people who uses big words all the time to sound like I'm saying shit, like I know shit, when I don't know fucking anything, and have no idea what the EU is, or whether or not Britain leaving it is good or bad. 

Anyway, up there I was all blah blah no character advancement. I don't mean I needed for any of the characters to become better. I don't care about characters being good or trying to improve themselves. I live for these shows where everyone is just a relentless piece of shit. Sometimes, though, especially with more serious-toned shows like this, you at least want to see them shift a bit? You were awful one way last season, now be awful in this other way, this season. You know? Maybe you don't understand. It's like how Dennis on It's Always Sunny kind of went from dick to possible serial killer. Or Mac went from douche to gay, Christian freak. Why am I always comparing ~Awful People Shows~ to Always Sunny? Idk, it's the barometer I use, leave me alone! 

Sigh wtf. Idk. Anyway, this season was less good. Honestly, I feel like season 1 was only "good" because it was kind of a new, different thing, but now that that ~new show~ shininess has worn off it's like...yikes. 

I still hate Josh the most. Like I can't believe he exists, he is just the worst. Honestly, wait. Because this season Maura is just like way worse for me...so maybe there was character "advancement"? No, because the only reason I didn't really acknowledge how horrible she is was because of her transition. Now she's full-on in the dresses and alladat, so I feel more comfortable being like "girl, bye". 

I felt weird. Was this show...addressing kind of the male entitlement/privilege m to f trans people can have? Because like...male entitlement doesn't go away because you decide to put on some pantyhose and that's real talk and they definitely addressed that, but...idk. Would this show even go there? Like they did, but not completely all the way. Which, fine. Maura's only problem is not male entitlement/privilege. Tbh, she's kind of just a bitch. And I felt that in season 1, but was giving it a pass because her life was changing a lot but now I'm Davina-style like girl fall back. She be mad outta pocket and like rude and inconsiderate and it's just...I see where Josh gets it from! 

Boy!! I cannot STAND Josh's bitch ass!! Lol, does everyone else hate him as much as me? Honestly I feel like mostly whites watch this show, so prob not. I mean, Josh being white is not even remotely close to his only flaw, but I feel like white people would at least relate to him in some way, whereas me, a black bitch, was over it before it even began. I do not see it for him. I am Helen Keller, bitch. I wish Josh was Helen Keller. I wish that bitch was blind deaf and mute forever. I just cannot with his ass. 

OMG YOU KNOW WHAT ENRAGED ME?? Him telling Raquel "You are lovable". I wanted to slice his ass. Of course she's lovable! Raquel is a catch and a dream woman! You are a fucking sewer rat scallywag troll ass bitch who never deserved her lovely ass!! And you had the audacity to not count your blessings. That whole relationship made me so angry. So angry. When Raquel proposed that was like it for me. I was like...okay, this has to end now, right? I'm sad she lost her baby but lowkey not really because had she not she'd still be with his loser ass and I was honestly not dealing with more of that. That shit was so cringeworthy and awful and just oh my god. I wonder if other people who watch this show got like so uncomfy in their feelings about these two? Yeah, right? I feel it was written that way, but idk. At times I felt irrationally enraged. Like the hate I have for Josh I feel may be...over the top lol. But I refuse to deny my feelings! Sigh I feel like...I am reciting the pedophiles' mantra or something please.

Sarah. Lowkey...Sarah amuses me. So glad she chucked the deuces at Tammy's ultra-stud ass. I love Tammy lol but no to their relationship. Sarah is so...awful tho lol. Like, why did you ask to marry this bitch? Why are you such a mess? Bitch ur like fifty or something. Imma need you to pull it together from several directions. Whooo when that bitch read her at the LesbiFest talkin about some "No one cares about you" I screamed. Drag her. I'm here for her spanking thing, tho. Definitely not going to think too much about the why of that, though. Leave me alone!! 

Okay so last season I was lowkey caping for Ali, but this season it's a no for me. Grad school, Ali, really? Lol goodbye. And her hair. It was so...ugly. If Ali had better hair I would've excused more of her behavior, but alas! 

I'm so annoyed at how she did Syd. Why did she even get with her? Ali don't love that bitch, she made that clear last year? Was she just doing it to be doing it? So awful. Why imprint on someone's heart when you don't even take them seriously? And then her being PREDICTABLE AS FUCK and going after Cherry Jones' butch ass. Sigh. I wonder what she chose. Tbh, I feel like she's going to be Cherry's bitch, and turn down the teaching assistant's position. But even if she chooses the TA job, let's not act like she won't be messy and still be all up under that bitch. So excited *sarcastic voice*

And excuse me!! Fuck all that other shit: WHERE IS JOSH AND ALI'S GROSS INCEST LOVE STORY? I officially do not watch this show for like...goodness, so, bitch, give me all the bad! This is def the type of show that could pull off some ugly disgusting mess like that so CLAP CLAP LET'S GO!! They barely acknowledged Ali being creepy and weird last season and having a LITERAL oh my god I love Josh realization moment. The show was giving me little looks from her, and then I think I got one look from Josh, but other than that: blotto! Whatever. I'm annoyed I have to reveal myself as a more than casual incest-shipper--LOOK, NO! Only sometimes! I just like...weird shit on TV, okay? It's not a crime!! Also this show is awful awful awful, so they might as well go big and go home and make it even more so. Otherwise, what's the point? WHY EVEN HAVE AN AWFUL TV SHOW IF YOU'RE NOT DOING LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO MAKE YOUR AUDIENCE AS UNCOMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE??? Don't be, like, whack, okay? 

Anyway, thanks for more Judith Light and no thanks for that Berlin mess except for the very end of it with Michael Stuhlbarg. That part was pretty okay. Sigh season three someone better die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey