Sunday, July 3, 2016

Room (2015)


This movie hurt my fucking feelings. This shit went hard all over my soul. Like haha how about you never do that again :)!!!! 

I don't like getting cry feelings. This movie gave me like a million of them, which was cool!!! Like I'm pushing my tears down so much I felt like throwing up. What is wrong with me that I won't just cry instead of throw up? What is wro--MANY THINGS. MANY THINGS ARE WRONG.

I'm glad I didn't finish the book because it made watching the movie suspenseful. Like I didn't know how shit would play. BIIIIIITCH JACK ROLLED UP IN THAT CARPET HAD MY HEART FUCKING THUMPING. AND THEN WHEN HE WAS IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!! AND THEN WHEN OLD NICK CAUGHT HIS ASS!! BIIITCH!! AND THEN WHEN THAT DUDE WITH THE DOG SAW THEM AND JACK WAS TRYNA GIVE HIM THE NOTE!! I had no idea how any of that shit would play and I honestly felt sick. And then after Jack was sort of okay I was worried Old Nick was gonna go home and kill Ma. But she turned out okay (side-eye), too. 

I was lowkey disappointed this movie didn't...have some like horrific ending. What is my problem? Idk. Cuz honestly had something really bad happened I would be talking mad shit. I would be all "Why every time it gotta be some horrible mess?!?". So maybe I should chill wishing Old Nick turned out to have been working in tandem with Ma's father all along or some mess. WAIT BUT CAN WE TALK ABOUT WILLIAM H. MACY?!?! WHY DID HE JUST LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK???! WHY HE WOULDN'T LOOK JACK IN THE EYE?? WAS IT CUZ HE HAD THAT TRAGIC WEAVE??! lol like I was legit confused and upset at him being mad whack after Ma and Jack got rescued. I guess Jack sort of was a constant reminder of everything his daughter went through for the last seven years, and maybe him being like an egotistical male, all he's thinking about is how he's failed her as a dad and can't deal? Yo, that shit is whack, but I guess it was realistic. But wow you're trash??? 

Let's talk about performances, because this was a very Performances movie. 

Old Nick. Played by Sean Bridgers. This dude is on my radar now because of The Woman, where he played a similar kind of douchey type. Lol, just, like, a total douchebro. I don't like this dude lol. He's like way too good at playing a piece of complete shit. Is this good acting or is this dude just showing up in his street clothes as himself and NAILING these roles just by saying the lines? Latter, prob. But he was perf to play the kidnapper freak. Maybe too perf. Imma need these kidnappers and molesters and the like to stop shopping at the same goddamn glasses and jacket store lol like GAIN SOME FUCKING INDIVIDUAL SENSE OF STYLE. What are all these weirdos in the same club? Sigh, probably.

Ma. Played by Brie Larson. Brie is pretty good at acting, but I'm not seeing it the way I feel like the powers that be want me to see it, you know? It's not the same as J.Law, but it like is. I just feel like they want us to be like SHE'S SO YOUNG AND WHITE, BUT LOOK AT HOW SHE CONVEYS A STRUGGLE SHE LIKELY NEVER FACED OR KNOWS!! Am I being high drama? Prob. I like Brie, I think she delivers mostly, but Best Actress Oscar deliver? Girl, I mean. That award doesn't matter because like Gwyneth Paltrow has one, you know? But still, acting is being awarded. For being top-notch, out of this park, yeah? I'm not seeing that yet. She was good in Short Term 12 and this, but nothing spectacular, sorry. But still good, okay. *me being fake positive* *smiles and it makes a cracking sound*

Jack. Played by Jacob Tremblay. Now THIS was a fucking performance. Jack/Jacob completely carried the show, and served me EVERYTHING!! Where his Oscar at, huh?! Am I hyping it or was he just like really good? Wtf. He was like really good! When I was trying to read the book I got annoyed that it was told through the boy. I hated the way he communicated to the readers it was mad annoying lol but it translated VERY WELL in movie form. Jack is the lead and star and Jacob was perfect! Just dragged my heart to death. And he was like annoying. lol, like just a typical annoying ass kid, but also super-endearing and like smart and funny and just doing so much. OMG AND WHEN HE TOLD GRANDMA HE LOVED HER BITCH!! Kill this movie and kill Jacob Tremblay. No, protect him. Child stars make me uncomfortable. Like just the existence of a celebrity child is so...concerning. Please be okay, Jacob. Like keep serving me in movies, if that's what you want, but like avoid any and all adult white dudes. Sigh, why do I have to go there? BECAUSE THEY TAKE IT THERE!! 

Anyway good movie 10/10 would recommend. Quick little word for movie makers: a lot of us can tell when it's Canada and not America. Canada looks different to America. Everything looks off. Like it's bizarro world or something. Don't tell me Ohio but then show me London, Ontario. I'm not an idiot! I've seen Degrassi!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey