Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Crimson Peak (2015)

The scariest thing about this movie was Tom Hiddleston's hairline. Remember when I used to be a Hiddleston...fan? I was never a stan. I always thought he was like Kidz Bop Fassbender. He was goofy from jumpstreet, so when he started to get a bit more famous and that shit was put on blast more, I was not shocked or anything like how I saw a lot of his supporters be. I will say...the Taylor Swift contract was initially a little surprising. Because I thought Tom was a ~*~thespian~*~ and trying to make it on merit. I was not getting contract romance from him. Actually, no. A little I was lol. But not T. Swift beard contract!! That was...extreme. He really fucked up. And then his obnoxious, horrible speech at the Globes lol. And then all those embarrassing and lowkey disturbing interviews he did after him and that scarecrow "broke up". Wow, like I always knew he was a lame, but I could never foresee all of this lol. 

It's weird to watch him now? Not super much. Like, I kinda still like Tom Cruise and he's Hiddleston on eleven, you know? So he's not completely ruined, but it's not the same like it was back in...idk, 2012? When did I start caring about his ass? It was whenever I watched The Deep Blue Sea, which isn't even a good movie, but he turned up and I got my life. I think he's a good actor. The only thing I like about that Avengers mess is him as Loki. He's all Shakespeare and out of place lol, I gag.

When I first heard about this movie, it was ages ago, and I got excited. But once it was finally out I was like eh whatever. With the exception of Charlie Hunnam, the main cast is pretty legit. But none of them...slay me. The one who has slay potential is Hiddleston and honestly he's ruined for me. I saw a ~sexy~ photoshoot he did wearing like Dad boxers and a sad wife beater and he can't ever take that back. He can't ever take that back. So like the cast was good, but no one here is pulling me in. This movie was okay. It was kind of...eh. Who did this - Guillermo? I used to be into him....then I saw Pacific Rim, which was one of the worst movies I have ever suffered through? So he's half-cancelled. He can have good ideas sometimes. He did Pan's, right? My lazy ass REFUSES to google, so let's just say yeah. I love that movie, it's so fanciful and dark. But Crimson Peak aint on that level. Too many whites being white lol. It's like yeah we get it. And then there were too obvious references to Notorious (1946). Made me uncomfy. Almost like they weren't references, but...simply stolen and the filmmakers just fingers-crossed and hoped audiences wouldn't notice? 

I don't care about the story or going over it. It was predictable. Nothing to write about. I liked some of the--actually all of the costuming was pretty great, but I don't watch movies for costumes. I'm here for story, so I barely want to note it. There were some cool effects and etc, but ultimately this shit fell flat. Like the audience at the Globes when Tom was giving his speech talking about how some off-brand miniseries he did helps people in Third World countries not kill themselves or something.




---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey