Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Wizard of Lies (2017)

Lol, lowkey is the title of this movie anti-Semitic? I'm screaming. The Wizard of Lies? Idk, maybe I'm reaching? I'm not Jewish so barely care lol, but I thought I've seen like nazi propaganda representing Jews as wizards? Lol i want to throw up. Maybe I'm thinking of something else, or being anti-Semitic myself? I don't care enough about anything to be like properly prejudice, so I think it's this movie being hella problematic!! 

So this movie was...pretty good. I think it could have hit harder, but I think an issue I was having was that I was not feeling sympathetic for people I......think I should have? Like Bernie's victims. Maybe because usually when I hear about this case it's like some old people gave Bernie all their money to invest and then just sat back and let him be fully in charge of their entire future? Like...that doesn't make sense to me. First of all, investing, as far as I know it to be, is much like gambling. I am not quite sure why I am supposed to be hashtag frowny face about people who gave someone all of their life savings and just felt it was all good? You have no idea how this will go... Are you nuts? That doesn't make sense at all. This sounds like victim blaming, and I guess it is? And then maybe also anti-Semitic lmao because it's like why would you trust him? It sucks they lost their money but they seem really dumb for real!! It was hard for me to care, SORRY!! 

Another. Sigh, another person I didn't feel sorry for...was...yikes, Mark??? I mean, can we say pwussy boy. UM GET SOME BASS IN YOUR CHEST AND MAKE CLEAR THE LOBSTER WILL MAKE YOUR TUMMY HURT. The fuck. Mark's whack ass was getting on my last nerve. You're a grown man still groveling for daddy's approval? I can't. I can't. do this!!! But he really lost me when the paps or whatever were harassing him and his family on the street and he just abandoned his wife and kids out there with them to run into the apartment building. You're weak. Plain and simp. I get he's dead and that's awful, but every time I hear about these richie rich dudes killing themselves it's like girl, please.

I feel bad for Andrew maybe? Maybe. I think so many people think they knew what their dad was up to but I believed how the movie presented them. Though of course you can argue they may have gone out of their way not to know what their dad was up to, ignored stuff, or didn't push hard enough when they tried to ask about his business dealings. Do you think he felt guilty and manifested cancer? I don't know! But it's nuts both of Madoff's sons are dead. This is like, some karmic debt type shit. Hella fucked up. Like eventho I was dragging the poop outta Mark, def don't feel he deserved to be dead? And if he felt guilty if he lived maybe he could've done something to make up for it? His death does nothing. Sucks. But now I'm remembering he killed himself with his baby son still in the apartment with no one to care for him so I'M OVER IT! BYE, MARK!! 

Performance wise, it was solid. I've never seen Madoff talk or anything, so I don't know how accurate Bobby D was hitting it, but I thought he was doing a good job at playing a complete sociopath. And he just sucked me in real good to the bs. I love De Niro so I was excited right away when I first heard about this and am totally biased and have no idea if he was actually good but probably he was :) Probably my fave performance was Michelle's Ruth. I wonder if the real Ruth talks like that? I assume. Idk, but I was living for Michelle, she was so funny. That whole thing with her saying she was going to kill herself and being mad casual about it and them taking the pills lol that was so funny please. I also liked Hank Azaria's performance. I wonder if Frank had not come down when the FBI were there would they have discovered the 17th floor? Probably, I guess, because other people knew about it. But if he hadn't've come down he could've at least deleted files in time?? Lol why........why did I want him to have more time to delete files. My poor ass feels too disconnected like if I gave 10 dollars to Madoff to invest and he aint give me that shit back I'd kick him in his fucking neck so I gotta chill lol



---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey