Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Girls, s6

This show ended mad awkwardly. Which I guess is in theme. I've been watching this mess from the beginning. Never had any ideas how it would go. But this show kind of reminds me of Always Sunny. It feels like the type of show that could go on and on forever with the characters just getting progressively worse, and that's comedy folks. Girls is kind of different I guess because they try to have genuine emotional moments, but they should never do that because I don't care about the emotions of: Hannah, Marnie and Shosh, only I care about: Adam, Ray and my bae Jessa, but if the latter three are having ~emotions~, likely something is happening I don't like, so put it back! 

It was really eyerolly that they had Hannah end up pregnant. Mainly it had me wondering...how she never ended up preg before. Especially when she was with Adam. I don't think I ever saw condoms mentioned. Was she on birth control? Confused. And then I guess she goes on assignment and goes all the fuck out for some reason? The  thing--okay, two things--I liked about the baby storyline was 1. my baby girl Riz Ahmed snatching acting jobs and checks, and 2. that CUTE ASS FUCKING MEATBALL BABY they got to play Grover. I liked to see my bae and that bae. But the storyline felt very WE'RE ENDING THE SHOW SO!!! Were Lena and co forced to wrap it up? Because this was not gluten-free organic at all.

I was highly upset with Adam tryna be someone's baby daddy. I woulda kicked that bitch in his fucking thick ass chest if I was Jessa, but she always on some Kewl Gurl shit, so acted unbothered. Um, no. When she threw up in the toilet I thought she was gonna be pregnant and it would be lit because she and Hannah would be preg at the same time except one would actually be Adam's kid (probably). But the whole thing was lame. Like they really had Jessa going to some random bar and picking up some gross dude and it's like what is this season 1. No, these people won't get better, but at least give me some variation in self-destructive behavior the fuck. But I felt extra some type of way about all of this because I've been shipping Jessa and Adam from the beginning, so they get together and I'm excited but then you have this mess with the movie and Adam wanting to revisit the tundra of his relationship with Hannah and I'm just like DEEP SIGH. Maybe the women didn't change too much on the show, but the men kind of did. Adam the most. Like Adam season 1 to Adam final season is such a 180. He still weird as shit and looks like the unfortunate result of a romance between like John Wilkes Booth and the fucking Loch Ness Monster, but I didn't see final form Adam as someone who would still want to be playing games with a woman who has worser hair and smaller titties than him. It's just not realistic. 

American Bitch is something you write thinking you are doing something and then you read it over and realize you are a piece of fucking shit with no talent whom no one will ever love. It's clear Lena or whomever wrote this episode never does that part, and that's probably good because then we get terrible TV like this that I can talk shit about :) I don't even feel like it tbh, but it was real dumb how he took his ugly dick out. I woulda just walked out with the book. Also I hear about Philip Roth a lot but have never read him (I don't know how to read). He sounds like a bad blend of George Carlin and Woody Allen, so I am, unfortch, intrigued. I did like how that awkward mulatto girl's flute-playing coincided with...it was "Desperado" right? It was some Rihanna song probably. Anyway, at the end of the day, ANTI was pretty lit.

I always like Elijah. Anytime I write about the show I never talk about him lol, but he's funny as hell. Rude as shit. He reminds me a little of Roger Smith, which is high praise. Him and this White Bois Can't Jump Musical was killing my soul. When he hit that bitch in the face with the basketball then still threw a shot I wanted to kill myself and go straight to hell to meet his maker. I was very...happy. I also loved him going the fuck in on Hannah, saying she'd be a bad mom. Um, cuz she will be? And her baby is diverse. PLEASE! HOW IS THIS SHOW NOT GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER SEASON WITH HANNAH BEING A MOM ARE YOU KIDDING? smfh, HBO!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey