Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Christine (2016)

So this performance by Rebecca Hall seems like a get nominated for awards type of deal? But I guess nah? I thought this was such a great role for her awkward ass and an almost to basically amazing performance? She was SO WEIRD!! Christine was out here looking like Abigail's alien-abducted ass from The Fourth Kind and I was fucking LIVING.

So because they were like ~based on a true story~ in the beginning of the movie, I was expecting something. I actually thought, because they had Christine in the beginning conducting a fake interview with Richard Nixon, that somehow she'd get really big and be thrust into the spotlight on some political news type shit idk. But as the movie goes on and on you're like.....oh...no. aint nobody letting Christine's awkward ass on no major news channel. She aint getting to lean-in to Richard Nixon. She gon' kill someone!!! That's how this gonna go! It got VERY live for me once I started getting excited about Christine killing someone smh. I thought she was gonna kill David from Six Feet Under, or that Bob guy, but she ended up blasting herself? Um. FIRST OF ALL DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN? Like was this for real on TV? My terrible ass is DEVASTATED that I didn't get to see something like this in real time. But yo, why was Christine so extreme? They imply in the movie she has some sort of ~issue~. Something happened in Chicago. It was quite vague and annoying. I like to diagnose characters and Christine seemed maybe like she had Aspergers? And like, if so, this was a problematic portrayal lol smh.

Who are we supposed to sympathize with when Christine does that therapy thing that George thrusts upon her? First of all, who is that exercise supposed to help? Not no one with real problems like Christine, obviously lol. I wanted to die when the girl kept countering Christine with that hippie ass ~*~change ur way of thinking~*~ bs and it's clear Christine has like one lane she focuses on. Very uncomfortable making!! That chic was like Manage Your Expectations. I felt Christine was entitled to want the things she wanted...though, I disagreed with her being in love with George because he was a douchebag and even in so many words himself, called himself a dummy, so. Also Christine needed to be way more patient? If you're a Freak you either 1. like that chick said, need to manage ur expectations, or 2. wait. Freaks have to wait for shit. That's just how it is. This is one freak speaking to another.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT how I was relating to Christine more than I wanted to? NO!! Let's move on!! WAIT CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW AWKWARD SHE WAS??? When she approached that couple and was being all weird staring at them. Even I know when to wrap it up and my social skills are lost in the Bermuda Triangle with Tupac. Like, Christine!!! And okay! What about Jonah from Veep who like obviously had a crush on Christine, right? Why did he not register to her at all? I guess it was her streamlined thinking? Freak to freak: always go for taller. George was like the same height or possibly even shorter than Christine because lesbihonest, this was the seventies and he was probably wearing heeled boots. All this brouhaha could've been avoided had Christine just gotten her shit beat up by Jonah from Veep. But, if she didn't think he was cute then she didn't think he was cute. But Christine your eyebrows are sitting on your face like owls and everyone can tell you masturbate with clothespins, so spare me! 

I felt so bad for Christine's "friend" Jean. Also her mom of course (but not totally because the coddling for a grown woman throwing a tantrum is a no no), but mostly Jean. Christine was a fake friend! Or maybe like a Sheldon Cooper sort of friend? If Christine had a laugh track, I'd be less disturbed, but it didn't, so now I just want to kill myself. Sike! You thot! I've still never had $19 avocado toast, so until then, I'm Staying Alive by the Bee Gees. But Jean seemed to really care for Christine? But the ending especially made their friendship seem one-sided. I was really sad when Christine didn't go get ice cream with Jean? Like she's helping to calm you down and loves you and just go get ice cream? And then...Christine shoots herself LIKE!!!!! DIDN'T CHRISTINE SHOOT HERSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF JEAN'S BIG STORY? RIGHT? WHICH SHE INTENTIONALLY FUCKED UP FOR HER OWN STUNT QUEEN BULLSHIT?! Christine is whack. 

The ending with Jean eating ice cream and singing out loud is never anything I ever need to see again, thanks :( But shoutouts to my lightkey acting bae, Maria Dizzia whom I've been lowkey stanning for since she creeped me out in Martha Marcy May Marlene. We doing big things. (You're doing big things, I have this blog. And not even a Wordpress. Blogspot. I need some ice cream and Anita Baker... I don't listen to happy music. I literally throw up when I hear jaunty tunes lol. But anyway, Tinashe, when is Joyride coming out? This shit is getting ridiculous at this point smh..) 




---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey