Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Spiral Staircase (1945)

I watched this recently having forgotten I had already seen it. I take no issue with rewatching movies, I do that shit all the time, it's just if I had remembered I'd seen this particular one, I would...have not rewatched it??

So redflag right away that I didn't even remember having seent this shit. Okay, and then while I'm watching lol the whole time I'm like...pretty.......sure I've seen this..........and then pretty much towards the middle of the film I was sure I had seen it and was annoyed because this movie is full of old timey actors who get on my nerves. Fucking Dorothy McGuire's mousy ass, George Brent's fat ass, fucking Ethel Barrymore's old ass, fucking Kent Smith's bland ass jesus christmas. So pissed I forgot I seent this shit lol.

So whatever, tbh, it was like I had never seen it, because I forgot everything that happened. This movie is mad forgettable, imo. But I am coming from a place where I hate all the actors lol, but I think just the story is lame? Like no shit George Brent was the killer, right? It was all obvious. An actual thrill would have been if it was Ethel Barrymore's bed ridden ass. The brother as the red herring was wayyyyyyyyy too obvious. He was all to his girl like YOU'LL REGRET THIS when she broke up with him lol and we're supposed to think ooooh murder when he just seemed like some spitty little kid feeling some type of way, not, like, Jeffrey Dahmer? He's an obnoxious rich playboy type idk where yall getting serial killer from but mmmkay. And then even Ethel was believing it was him lol. Wasn't he her bio son? Wow. And like...he wasn't the killer! It's so funny to me that she was just sure he was lol idk.

Anyway, George Brent's ~motive~ for killing crippleds was very lame (ha). Like, his dad hated weak people. Apparently George and his bro were pansy asses or whatever and their dad hated them for it, I guess. OKAY BUT DIDN'T ETHEL SAY THE DAD WAS A DRUNK? How is that not a weakness? Get some fucking self-awareness! And then the same with George. How is not feeling some type of way about "weak" people and killing them...not a weakness in itself lol? A strong person would be completely unbothered by a bitch with a peg leg, or who looks like Dorothy McGuire lol, like being a murderer is one of the pussiest shits of all time??? Like you're mad whack and no one likes you?? You have no friends and everyone thinks you're ugly? You're crippled in your soul and no one's coming to your funeral, so there.

I don't like this movie. It's not good. It's corny and dumb. I liked the thunderstorm, I guess. It looked especially unrealistic? So there's...that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey