Friday, January 1, 2016

Frankie & Alice (2010)


So I guess this movie never heard about The Three Faces of Eve? And lol, that movie came out before the time period that this movie is set in. Why was the movie acting like "omg multiple personalities!!!" when we already dun seen Joanne Woodward pulling this same shit in 1957? Oz never saw that shit? Come on now!!! 

Idk, the movie was just acting very ~~never saw this before~~~. But maybe it's not that common for people to have multiple personalities, and maybe it's super hard to figure out that someone does have them and then it's even more difficult when you're black because shit like this only happens to white people, and like, non-strippers? Suresure. And then also there seemed to be something lowkey wrong with the doctor, Oz? Like he was not all there himself, which is why his possibly incompetent ass was pawned off on the black, ~exotic dancer~?? Yeah, sure sure, it all makes sense. 

Why isn't the movie called Frankie, Alice & Genius, though? Was "Genius" supposed to be a surprise? Like Halle Berry doing baby voice was really that fucking Oscar moment. Lol, no. But I really loved her Alice, and I was...irritated that Oz didn't immediately peg Alice as white. ALICE WAS SO OBVIOUSLY WHITE. She was all stuck-up and debutante-y and old country and shit - come on, that binch had the voice of a slave owner's daughter and Oz needs to *Dave Coulier voice* cut. it. out. 
Yeah!! Lol why was he playing games? Alice is Colonel Sanders' daughter, clearly, and they make the slaves make the biscuits, but not the coleslaw, for obvious reasons. 

At first, I thought this movie was doing something, but the more it went on, the more I realized how ridiculous it ultimately was going to end up being. Like once I realized the reason for Frankie's split personalities, I was like *eyeroll*. Yes, it's tragic that her beau died and then...maybe her mom killed her baby?? Hmmm, I'm being sort of dismissive of her pain lol but the way it was played out in the movie was so lame? Like I really thought some hugely terrible shit happened to Frankie to make her sick. Yes, again, I know it's terrible to lose someone you love and have your baby taken away/killed, and sigh, yes I can see that causing you to go loco but omg I just can't deal with how it played out in the movie lol. It was all just so dumb and anti-climatic to me. I was hoping for a way more horrible backstory. Or at least expecting Alice to be representative of some horrible white woman from Frankie's past, but Alice turned out to just be...Frankie's grown up dead baby? First of all, wtf? And second of all, no. Also who was Genius? A younger version of Frankie or a younger version of Frankie's dead baby grown up but only a little grown up? Girl! 

Can we talk about how "Genius" was the one who helped Frankie get a college degree or some shit and then this crazy bitch ended up teaching kids? Like, at a school? Is it that easy? Honestly, it explains pretty much every teacher I've ever had. "Frankie" was probably one of my teachers smh. Probably one of my old crazy ass English teachers. She so was, omg! 

In summary, this movie was ridick and I still do not ever know what the fig Halle "Remember B*A*P*S?" Berry is doing. I have figured out that she interests me, though. For a long time she did nothing for me besides be super cute, but after watching Perfect Stranger I started to get intrigued. She's...definitely not good at acting, like that's 100% for sure, but good acting is not always a requirement for me because I have no standards, and a lot of problems :) She has something, though? Something drawing me in besides her uncrackable beauty. Idk what it is, but I have noticed she definitely tries. Applying the teachings I guess she learned at The Leonardo DiCaprio School of Meh-Acting But At Least They're Trying. Like, sometimes I'll be watching shit and it'll look like the actors are just reciting, or reading directly from the script, no inflection whatsoever. Which is horrifying. Idk...if these people think this is a form of acting, or if they're just showing up for a check or what, but I love to see not totally great (Leo) or even a little bit good (Halle) actors putting in obvious effort. Even if it doesn't matter, and improves nothing. Keep up the not good work, Halle girl. 

You were really genuinely great in this moment tho lol and I'll just post the caps without further commentary and I hope it comes across as funny/glorious as it did in the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey