Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Master's Sun: jnffk,rokrmeke, jcnricmkr,c

Right off, I really loved this show. It was super cute and the ghost stories got progressively better as the show went on. Admittedly, I was a bit weary about the ghost stuff. The show had a lighter tone than the previous two k-dramas I watched, so I thought all the ghost stuff would be cheesy. But, um, no. A lot of it was touching. Also, a lot of it was surprisingly disturbing and scary. Like, what was up with these ghosts' faces? Why did they all look like they were devoured by dinosaurs before their souls passed over to hell or whatever???


Like, what is this? What happened to you?? 


Or this?? How did you die? What is going on here?? 


Por queeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????


I was totally taken off-guard by all these scary ass shinigami looking ass demon creatures. Like, initially, the soccer star's ex-wifey ghost looks like she was run over by a tractor Court Foster-style only to have it revealed that she died of like some terminal illness. Was it Super AIDS? Why was her ghost looking like that? Maybe the ghost's appearance represents like...the dead-o's troubled souls?? Because later when the soccer dude's ex-wifey gets to ~meet~ with him her ghost is more normal-looking. Idfk, but chill out, show. That shit is scary. Like, I'm not on some Kang-woo level ghost scaredy cat shit, but come on. Stop it! 

Anyway, I loved this show. Despite scary grandmother ghosts and the ilk. Now I just want to talk about all my ~things~ . Mostly things I liked but also things that I just need to talk about. Like, Maria. The most beautiful sound I ever heard. Mariaaaaaaa - no, I'm just kidding.


1. Maria.



The least beautiful sound I ever heard: Maria speaking awkwardly in English. 

It's definitely ~bad attitude~ of me to start off talking about something I super-hated about the show, but it was a great segue. Not really, but anyway. MARIA. Anytime anyone speaks English in a k-drama it's either super-cute or THE WORST THING EVER. I really want to say Maria speaking English-words at Joo Joong-won's daddy was the worst English speaking I've ever seen in a k-drama but that honor - so far - definitely goes to Han Jae-hee and that White Dude in the drama I'm watching currently (Nice Guy). But up until I witnessed that particular horror in Nice Guy, Maria's stilted ass English-sounding words directed at Daddy Joong-won was the worst thing ever ever ever. So bad. Also, whyyyyyy was she speaking in English? Maria is clearly like Russian or French or some shit. Also, Joo Joong-won's dad was speaking in Korean?? And she could clearly understand?? So why didn't she just respond to him in Korean??? Also, what was their relationship? WAS SHE HIS GIRLFRIEND? So gross. Please, god no. 

I just met a girl named Maria
and suddenly that name
will never be the same
to me :(



2. Stuffed Animals

Let me erase that bad taste in my mouth Maria gave me by taking a spoonful of sugar. Ugh, I hate myself soooooo much. 

But know what I don't hate? CUTE SHIT!

In particular, stuffed animal things being featured heavily on a drama with grown ass people as if that's something acceptable to be doing. 


I loved this thing so much. Look at his face. He's so fucking over it he's under it. Look at how he was like mid-way through blowing a raspberry but then just stopped because what's the point? Life is meaningless. 


I'm so mad I couldn't get proper pics of all of Gong-sil's bed creatures due to my pure laziness and incompetence. But, look! You can see like a dinosaur type thing. It might be an alligator - I forget. But it's a stuffed thing and Gong-sil is sleeping on it like how thirty year old women just do! I love everything about it. I loved that she was constantly hugging these things (mainly Over It). I loved how when Joo Joong-won pushed Over It to the floor 


I felt sad and worried for him. Is Over It okay? Was he hurt? Why do I hate Joo Joong-won a little bit because of that? I just loved how the stuffed animals were actual characters to me. Because I have mental problems?

Also, 


Wtf is a Dooly? Is this a popular Korean figure? I could Google it...but I think it's better to just ask empty questions without ever expecting the answers to them. 

I loved how dummy Kang-woo bought these things for he and Gong-sil. It's so, like, the saddest girl in some book series about the trials and tribulations of junior high school buying herself a BEST FRIENDS FOREVER NECKLACE and is all excited like...I'm going to give my bee eff eff the other side of this broken heart! And her "best friend" is named something like Amber or Brittany and she's the most popular girl at school and doesn't even know this bitch exists. Sooooo good. That is Kang-woo buying these dinosaur things. It's like...oh, Kang-woo


...Speaking of Kang-woo (ugh)


3. Kang-woo being really a-scared of ghosts like the soppiest pussy on planet Kittyville I should shoot myself in the fucking face what is this


I couldn't be bothered to try and find a specific screencap from that scene when Kang-woo is freaking out about everyone telling ghost stories. So, here's a pic of his beautiful face probably saying something mean to Tae Yi-ryung. 


Speaking of Kang-woo saying mean shit to Tae Yi-ryung (yeah, I'm just going to skip over Kang-woo being afraid of ghosts. It was cute and that's basically it)...



4. Kang-woo and Tae Yi-ryung's "relationship"


Yeah. 

Pretty sure the first time these two ~meet~ Kang-woo attacked Yi-ryung to the ground??? And then, like, over the period of the show he attacks her again multiple times????

I love how this was played for laughs but I'm sitting there watching all this like...


It was a lil disturbing. Also, I think the show wants us to think Kang-woo likes Yi-ryung? Or...that he eventually ~grows to~?? But...does he??? 


Like...Yi-ryung has to drug him. And even then...did anything happen? I forgot why she even spiked his drink...but nothing came of it as far as I remember. 

Kang-woo was ALWAYS in bodyguard mode. It's ~romantic~ in The Bodyguard because Kevin Costner is able to get across that he has actual human ~feelings~ for the Whitney Houston he's meant to protect.


Kang-woo is just like BODYGUARDBODYGUARDBODYGUARDI'MABODYGUARDBODYGUARDBODYGUARRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and then he like short circuits when someone mentions ghosts or he sees a Dooly doll display

We're totally supposed to think it's cute when he ~bodyguards~ Yi-ryung, and I did, but...then he'd go right back to acting all cold and telling her to fuck off. So awkward. No wonder she spiked his drink. Loosen up, homie. 

Even towards the end at the hospital when she kissed him he was all "WEAK!" Like, what if Yi-ryung had really gone for it? He probably would have body slammed her. Sooooooo....?.???

EVEN MORE TOWARDS THE END when it was made clear the two were actually dating...their "date" consisted of an awkward meet-up outside at night standing by the separate cars they came in sipping on probably chocolate coffee. This is the least romantic thing maybe ever? I feel so bad for Yi-ryung that this is her main boo. Like, yeah, Kang-woo looks like a model or whatever and he can ~protect~ her, but this nigga can't even be bothered to buy this bitch a knock-off Dooly doll. "He's just not that into you" should be branded on the side of her fucking cheek. I can't with their relationship, which is why I loved it. What a fucking disaster. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey