Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Master's Sun: jnffk,rokrmeke, jcnricmkr,c Part 3

Let's talk about my baby

9. Gong-sil


Yes, JESUS SAVE ME from all this


FUCKING NEVER ENDING GODDAMN CUTIE PIE CUTENESS.

When Gong-sil was first introduced I was confused. "This can't be the love interest," I thought. This awkward ass lunatic with always a little bit manic orange frizz was meant to be the female lead? WHAT? I wasn't prepared to fall totally in love. Like, she was so cute the whole time and I just wanted to die. I found it really hard to believe that Joo Joong-won would spend so much time resisting her. Like I was over it twenty minutes into the first episode. "GIVE IN," I was mildly shouting due to my extremely low-energy nature. 

Maybe I was mildly shouting it before that? Like, as soon as Gong-sil was trying to hitch a ride and Joo Joong-won's car just passed right by her I was like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU HORRIBLE MONSTER?! And then she gets in the car and is so adorable and their hands touch and it's ELECTRIC and Joo Joong-won tries to act like he is disgusted and needs Purell or some shit. I WAS OVER ITTTTTT.


Look at heeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I loved when she hugged him and he was all "YOU'RE FRESH" or he called her horny or some shit. "GIVE IN COMPLETELY YOU DICK NAPKIN," I am still shouting at a medium volume. It's like hurry up and chain this bitch to the water heater in your basement before someone else snaps that up. Like, I don't know, maybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbe...her candy boy???


10. What the fuck is a candy boy/girl??


Kang-woo's sad ass gives Gong-sil a lollipop at some point that Gong-sil pretends to cherish. Joo Joong-won gets all jealous and shit and starts referring to Kang-woo as Gong-sil's "candy boy" for the rest of the series. I feel like candy boy has a meaning. Is it like boy toy? I am trying to think if we have an American phrase for this. Boytoy is like a UK thing. I'm not even perfectly clear what that means. I don't think "candy boy" is just something Joo Joong-won is calling Kang-woo because he gave some bitch a lollipop. That's like...way too literal and unimaginative. 

Also, "candy girl" is a phrase that's bopped around. I think I've heard candy girl used in other kdramas. In one of the other two I watched before this one. I took it to mean "gold digger". Actually, maybe it was just this one I heard it in. Because doesn't Joo Joong-won offer to make Gong-sil his kept bitch and she says something like she doesn't want to be his candy girl? A gold-digger type, right? Or kept woman at least? 

You know, Google is my friend. But I'm not here to make friends. 


11. The Pianist

Speaking of candy boy ;)


...I should really stop doing these horrible segues. Also, this one is about me talking about how hot The Pianist was. WHY would I choose this pic? I'm pretty sure this is right before he is about to slam his fingers beneath the piano's fallboard. I love man-pain. It makes the tiny dying ember admist my mostly dead black heart flicker with boner feelings. 



This dude was named Louis Jang, right? (I'm acting like I didn't just go to AsianWiki). So cute. And the grieving widow thing? AWWWW. Less awwww? How fucking creepy he was. Like, making Gong-sil take over the duties his wife used to do and then being totally fine with his wife inhabiting Gong-sil's body and being all LET'S GO TO FRANCE, WIFE. Psycho. But it only made him hotter to me. That shit is fucking romantic. In, like, a Jeffrey Dahmer preserving his boy heads in the freezer type of way. 


Speaking of romantic in a Jeffrey Dahmer sort of way (sorrrrrrrrry)

12. Ghost Dog and his Lover


Not going to lie, this deserted soldier and ghost dog episode almost made me cry. Almost, as in, it did. 

I felt so bad for the soldier. He was being abused at Army Camp or whatever and his only solace was this fucking dog and some weird pop song they used to dance to together in a totally non-bestiality way.  


Then the dumb ass dog is euthanized and soldier boy no longer has a reason to live. (I mean, who does? But still, I felt bad for him). 

He was all alone and stuff, trying to kill himself and stuff.


Then Joo Joong-won comes over to act like he is The Supreme when we all know it's Gong-sil (and she was totally giving him the side-eye he deserved), and tells Sad Soldier all kinds of cute stuff about his dog and how he's lifting his paw up to him and when the soldier started crying I LOST IT. I was really unprepared to be caring about these ghost stories like this. It made me mad. I wonder if that dude fucked that dog. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey