Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Filth (2013)


Hmm. This is another one of those try-hardy "look what we're doing" type of films. 

LOOK. 
HE'S FLIPPIN' THE B TO A CHILD HOLDING A BALLOON OMG. Hey, isn't the middle finger the vagina symbol across the pond?? I feel uncomfortable with this non-American person appropriating how we do middle fingers. Fuck rugby.

James McAvoy, whom I'm unfortunately a major fan of now sigh, is playing some dude named Bruce. He's doing that naughty cop trope. Where he's like morally bankrupt but somehow working a job where he has to protect the public and serve justice or whatever. Coolcoollcoooool. Bruce seems to have...some problems? Like beyond his shitty attitude and copious substance and pussy abuse. As the movie went on I figured maybe he was bipolar? He was taking lithium, right? But I...it was unclear what was real or imagined with Bruce. And since he was going so off the rails I figured maybe he wasn't even taking it, or taking too much, or the pills and booze were interfering with the medication? Idk. 

I'm not sure I even feel like really getting into this movie. It was sort of annoying and all over the place thanks to the character of Bruce who was annoying and all over the place. Thank god he was played by James McAvoy, because at least I got to see him do facey stuff with his face

like this what is this

or this. look he's pointing and wearing that christmas crown thing they wear over there in not-America

and look here he is scowling or whatever in his xmas crown and omg he has a ginger beard jesus christ amen


Also, and most importantly, he cried a whole bunch. 

Like this hellllp. 

oh god help himmmmmmmmmm

For sure, Jimmy is getting added to my Favorite Criers list. Okay who do I have so far? Marion...Colin Farrell, Shia Labeef, Brad Pitt...am I officially adding Elisabeth Moss or nah??? Idk I can't decide. But James has definitely garnered a spot yesss my list is growing I am growwwing I am kiiiiing. 

Okay but how did I feeeeeeeeeel about this movie? I felt like: why? This mess was based off some book and gr8, congrats. I'm glad this questionable catastrophe exists, tho, because as I said unintelligibly above, and now unintelligibly here, again: James McAvoy and face stuff. Also, 

a wild Eddie Marsan appeared!! I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve Eddie Marsan and I get excited anytime he randomly turns up, which is, thankfully, all the fucking time! What a strange creature that I can't believe is so regularly employed! Praise allah, 4 real. 

Alright, I'm over it. 14 stars out of 76.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey